Random good picture Not show
1. The monarchy is something of an anachronism these days.
2. It would be an anachronism to talk of Queen Victoria watching television.
3. For some people, marriage is an anachronism from the days when women needed to be protected.
4. The last paragraph contains an anachronism. The Holy Office no longer existed at that time.
5. Modern dress is an anachronism in productions of Shakespeare's plays.
6. She said nuclear weapons were an anachronism in the post cold war era.
7. The monarchy is seen by some as an anachronism in present - day society.
8. Isn't the school just an anachronism?
9. Their form of mutual ownership has become an anachronism.
10. But there is no nagging sense of anachronism.
11. The hostel was named Rameses Villa; a charming anachronism.
12. The law on mining is simply an anachronism in this day and age.
13. Rather than accusing him of anachronism, academic critics tended to concentrate their fire on internal contradictions or flawed assumptions in his policy.
14. Kinton was a ridiculous, out-dated anachronism, perhaps, but no more of an anachronism than Mabel herself.
15. Also, it is considered by many as an anachronism, mere prelude to a party on the river for Hooray Henrys.
16. Contemporary monarchy is an anachronism.
17. Yesterday's Heresy, Today's Orthodoxy,[sentencedict.com/anachronism.html] Tomorrow's Anachronism.
18. Who stupidly sealed that heavy anachronism of stone in the Carlovingian pavement of Hercandus?
19. The President tended to regard the Church as an anachronism.
20. He is interested in the spirit of the play, and he is not averse to throwing in an anachronism or two if he thinks it will help underscore a point.
21. The monarchy is seen by many people as an anachronism in the modern world.
22. Dent is a throwback to medieval times bypassed by modern progress, an anachronism that has survived the passing years.
23. I have been unable to find anyone who wishes to praise the private Bill procedure; it is an anachronism.
24. The harvest festival celebrations in the town are an anachronism since almost everyone who lives there nowadays works in an office.
25. Yet a one man business for immigrants in the commercial centre of the city was an anachronism.
26. He often expressed his conviction that a closed society is an anachronism in a global society.
27. But Johnson may have sensed that he was becoming an anachronism and that a new era of professional management was at hand.
28. The idea of the great house as a pattern for everyone is already an anachronism in the mind of Sir Leicester.
29. Today a hay type of pasture plant is really an anachronism.
30. Boards are becoming more independent and professional, rendering the old - style strongmen ever more of an anachronism.
More similar words: chronic, chronicle, synchronize, synchronization, achromatic, chronology, chronological, patronise, antagonism, neoplatonism, isolationism, panacea, manacle, spinach, chromatic, monochrome, lachrymose, monochromatic, ironic, canonised, admonish, astonish, patronize, ironically, astonished, electronic, antagonist, fanaticism, electronics, astonishing.