Synonym: actor, doer, operator, performer, worker. Similar words: agency, agenda, gently, diligently, percentage, management, engagement, entertainment. Meaning: ['eɪdʒənt] n. 1. an active and efficient cause; capable of producing a certain effect 2. a substance that exerts some force or effect 3. a representative who acts on behalf of other persons or organizations 4. a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission 5. any agent or representative of a federal agency or bureau 6. the semantic role of the animate entity that instigates or causes the happening denoted by the verb in the clause.
Random good picture Not show
1. He was blackmailed by an enemy agent .
2. Please contact our agent in Spain for further information.
3. He is a real estate agent.
4. My agent has power to sign my name.
5. I made the booking through a travel agent.
6. I made David my agent while I was abroad.
7. A commercial agent manages the business affairs of company.
8. Ring up your agent in New York and put your proposition to him.
9. The agent priced the car at the right level for the market.
10. The estate agent had pictures of the house from the outside but none of its interior.
11. Our agent in Rio deals with all our Brazilian business.
12. The secret agent was arrested on a charge of sabotage.
13. That store was a front for foreign agent.
14. An agent bought the rights to his life.
15. The artist's agent receives commission on a percentage basis.
16. Who will agent the deal?
17. They are trawling London for an agent.
18. I booked my holiday through my local travel agent.
19. The charity has been an agent for social change.
20. Soap is a cleansing agent.
21. Soap is not the only cleansing agent.
22. You don't have to make excuses-you're a free agent.
23. Beeswax acts as an emulsifying agent.
24. You are buying direct, rather than through an agent.
25. Remember, the estate agent is working for the vendor.
26. My agent arranged the sale of the house.
26. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
27. The charity is an agent for social change.
28. She got the work through an agent.
29. The travel agent booked our vacation cruise.
30. Ask your travel agent about check-in times.
More similar words: agency, agenda, gently, diligently, percentage, management, engagement, entertainment, sentiment, gene, genre, gender, legend, oxygen, genetic, generate, generous, emergency, in general, indigenous, age, generation gap, wage, cage, rage, page, a large number of, eager, New Age, image.