Synonym: appearance, likeness, picture, reflection, representation, resemblance, vision. Similar words: imagery, damage, magazine, magnetic, magnitude, climate, minimal, primary. Meaning: ['ɪmɪdʒ] n. 1. an iconic mental representation 2. a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface 3. (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world 4. a standard or typical example 5. language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense 6. someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor) 7. the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public 8. a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture). v. imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind.
Random good picture Not show
1. The advertisements are intended to improve the company's image.
2. The film exploited his image and infringed his copyright.
3. Champagne houses owe their success to brand image.
4. to be image of sb.
5. She looked at her image in the mirror.
6. Speech is the image of actions.
7. Vegetarianism has shed its cranky image.
8. He has a good image.
9. These scandals will not enhance the organization's reputation/image.
10. Image is very important in the music world.
11. He believes that the product's poor image is partly the fault of the press.
12. His public image is very different from the real person.
13. Cheney is everyone's image of a typical cop: a big white guy, six foot, 220 pounds.
14. Image a new story for your life and start living it.
15. She had an image of a mad scientist working in his laboratory.
16. He tried to blot out the image of Helen's sad face.
17. His super-clean image gave a veneer of respectability to the new professional set-up.
18. The computer chip compresses and decompresses a colour image in less than a second.
19. I have an image in my mind of how I want the garden to be.
20. The Nobel Medal bears the image of the great Swedish inventor.
21. The image of the woman popped into his head out of the blue.
23. If something could disenchant voters,(Sentencedict.com ) it would be the image of a political leader who is relying on an omnipotent image to woo votes.
24. The hotel and casino industry is working hard on improving its image .
25. His home is two terraced houses knocked together, each the mirror image of the other.
26. The party needs to clean up its somewhat tarnished image.
27. The wrong chemical balance can cause severe distortion of the photographic image.
28. According to the Bible, God created man in his image.
29. The mayor outlined his plan to clean up the town's image.
30. The president wanted to slough off the country's bad image.