Synonym: ample, bighearted, giving, kind, large, liberal, openhanded, plentiful, unselfish. Antonym: hard, harsh, mean, severe, stingy, strict, ungenerous. Similar words: generate, in general, generation gap, numerous, the general public, obstreperous, gene, genetic. Meaning: ['dʒenərəs] adj. 1. willing to give and share unstintingly 2. not petty in character and mind 3. more than adequate.
Random good picture Not show
1. Be generous with your compliments.
2. They made a generous donation to charity.
3. His charity bespeaks a generous nature.
4. They are generous although they are poor.
5. John's getting very generous with the wine!
6. Leave a generous margin on the left.
7. Each gag was rewarded with a generous belly-laugh.
8. He is not so generous at all.
9. Thank you for your generous gift.
10. She's always very generous to the kids.
11. He is generous with his money.
12. She's been very generous with her time.
13. She thought him kind and generous.
13. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
14. German banks are more generous in their lending.
15. What prompted her to be so generous?
16. They lived well and were generous with their money.
17. Mrs Kreutz cut off a generous piece of the meat.
18. He is very generous — he often buys things for other people.
19. Sibyl was the most gracious, helpful, and generous person to work with.
20. The library has received a generous bequest from a local businessman.
21. It was generous of you to share your food with me.
22. It was generous of him to offer to pay for us both.
23. Obviously he had plenty of money and was generous in its use without being ostentatious.
24. Our host was very generous, heaping a plate of food to us.
25. You have been most generous.
26. She was generous with her money.
27. He poured me a generous measure of whisky.
28. Generous remuneration packages are often attached to overseas postings.
30. I give you fair warning, I'm not always this generous.
More similar words: generate, in general, generation gap, numerous, the general public, obstreperous, gene, genetic, energy, listener, come round, nervous, a large number of, sooner or later, indigenous, around the corner, round and round, hero, scene, erode, genre, agent, beneath, benefit, oxygen, agency, agenda, legend, gender, gently.