Synonym: native, original. Antonym: exotic. Similar words: enough, diligently, enormous, heinous, Indian, indicate, indicator, generous. Meaning: [ɪn'dɪdʒɪnəs] adj. originating where it is found.
Random good picture Not show
1. Many of the indigenous insects are needed to pollinate the local plants.
2. Are there any species of frog indigenous to the area?
3. Kangaroos are indigenous to Australia.
4. Each country has its own indigenous cultural tradition.
5. The tree is indigenous to China.
6. Blueberries are indigenous to America.
7. The indigenous method costs less money.
8. Giant pandas are indigenous to China.
9. The kangaroo is indigenous to Australia.
10. The indigenous people were brought into the Catholic fold.
11. The Maori are the indigenous people of New Zealand.
12. Not all indigenous regimes were willing to accept the supposed benefits of British trade.
13. All manifestations of their indigenous cultures were outlawed.
14. The cemetery is surrounded by indigenous plants and trees.
15. Akan[Sentencedict], Kru and other indigenous languages.
16. Fulani, Malinke, Soussou and other indigenous languages.
17. Fang, Bubi and other indigenous languages.
18. Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo and other indigenous languages.
19. Kongo, Lingala and other indigenous languages.
20. The Aztecs dominated dozens of indigenous communities.
21. Investors have been a tad nervous since indigenous people rioted for several days in March.
22. Another important difference between exogenous and indigenous firms concerns their linkages with the local economy.
23. Red foxes are indigenous to the East and Midwest parts of the U.S.
24. This often meant, of course, depriving the indigenous peoples of the very essence of their traditional culture and religious practices.
25. The region's indigenous peoples demand that they be included in discussion about environmental issues and development.
26. As an alternative to aping Hollywood, it could be seen as a useful model for the development of indigenous cinema.
27. Ordinary people here have shown they care about the atrocious living conditions of our indigenous peoples.
28. However, the key factor has been domestic agricultural policies which protect indigenous agriculture for security or political reasons.
29. These difficulties were exacerbated by the almost complete absence of indigenous, vertically-integrated companies.
30. Hundreds of soldiers last month entered the Chiapas village of Oventic, an indigenous community that supports the Zapatista rebels.
More similar words: enough, diligently, enormous, heinous, Indian, indicate, indicator, generous, indication, phenomenon, dig, dig up, dig in, dig out, refrigerator, digital, run out, turn out, burn out, give notice, take note of, run out of, announce, take notice of, gene, genre, agent, announcement, end in, hand in.