Synonym: cantata. Similar words: orator, laboratory, notorious, notoriously, operator, deteriorate, narrator, gubernatorial. Meaning: n. a musical composition for voices and orchestra based on a religious text.
Random good picture Not show
1. It swelled, diminished, and swelled again like an oratorio.
2. There were also two libretti for oratorios probably dating from 1765, as well as other miscellaneous poems.
3. Her repertoire includes lieder and oratorios, though she has been most active as an opera singer.
4. Its peaks are the symphony and the oratorio.
5. It's the world's most popular oratorio.
6. The orchestra and chorus performed an Easter oratorio.
7. A declamatory style used in opera and oratorio, similar to recitative but having greater melodic variation.
8. Bach's masterpiece Passion oratorio consists of four parts: introductory choral preludes, recitative, chorales [sentencedict .com], and solo arias.
9. The Glee Club decided to present an oratorio during their recital.
10. The Messiah Oratorio was composed by George Frideric Handel in 1741.
11. The radio had Christmas music which often she did not like, huge oratorios and quasi-religious peculiar plays.
12. In the days of Phrynichos' Fall of Miletos, as was observed, tragedy was a kind of oratorio with costume.
13. The year 1600 was one of the most important landmarks in musical history, witnessing the rise of recitative, cantata, opera and its religious equivalence, oratorio .
14. CHORUS: An ensemble performing the non-solo portion of a musical theatre production or opera or oratorio is generally called a chorus or chorale.
15. And built his set of chimes, The Cambridge Quarters, around it. The musical phrase is easily recognisable to anyone who knows handel's famous oratorio.
16. Among other classical pieces inspired by Christmas are the Nutcracker Suite, adapted from Tchaikovsky 's ballet score, and Johann Sebastian Bach's Christmas Oratorio (BWV 248).
17. This Christmas morning, radios around the world will play the Christmas Oratorio.
18. In 2007 and 2008, the Chorus was invited by the Hong Kong Oratorio Society to perform Verdi's "Requiem", Rossini's "Stabat Mater" and Brucker's "Te Deum".
More similar words: orator, laboratory, notorious, notoriously, operator, deteriorate, narrator, gubernatorial, migratory, restoration, demonstrator, refrigerator, administrator, priority, glorious, laboriously, storage, senator, historic, educator, elevator, rhetoric, incubator, predator, alligator, aleatory, historian, regulator, crematory, predatory.