Synonym: authentic, concrete, factual, genuine, real, true. Antonym: ideal. Similar words: actually, ritual, mutual, virtual, virtually, mutualism, eventually, manufacturer. Meaning: ['æktʃʊəl] adj. 1. presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible 2. taking place in reality; not pretended or imitated 3. being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something 4. existing in act or fact 5. existing in fact whether with lawful authority or not 6. being or existing at the present moment.
Random good picture Not show
(1) I'm not joking. Those were his actual words.
(2) I can not give the actual figures.
(3) Both deny conspiring to cause actual bodily harm.
(4) I can give you the actual figures.
(5) The actual nest is a work of art.
(6) El Cid's actual existence is not in doubt.
(7) First we need to identify actual and potential problems.
(8) We had estimated about 300 visitors[Sentencedict], but the actual number was much higher.
(9) The actual signing of the treaty was a downbeat affair without any ceremony.
(10) The actual estimate for extra staff and consequential costs such as accommodation was an annual ￡9.18m.
(11) The story is based on an actual incident.
(12) What were his actual words?
(13) I need the actual figures, not an estimate.
(14) We learned by actual experience that practice makes perfect.
(15) All actual objects are concrete.
(16) The ring is shown actual size in the illustration.
(17) The actual names had been blanked out.
(18) He pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm.
(19) Interest is only charged on the actual amount borrowed.
(20) The ghosts are described as if they bear actual malice towards humans.
(21) The actual measurement is two orders of magnitude greater than we expected.
(22) Officials admit the actual number of AIDS victims is much higher than statistics reflect.
(23) His actual age was 45, not 40 as he had stated on his form.
(24) The lessons bear little relationship to the children's actual needs.
(25) I thought she was Portuguese, but in actual fact she's Brazilian.
(26) The segments are filmed using either local actors or the actual people involved.
(27) Their results owe more to informed guesswork than to actual knowledge.
(28) The documentary intersperses graphical animations with film clips of the actual event.
(29) For some people, reading travel books is a surrogate for actual travel.
(30) Their predictions were hopelessly out of line with the actual results.
More similar words: actually, ritual, mutual, virtual, virtually, mutualism, eventually, manufacturer, manufacturing, lecture, picture, structure, situation, structural, accentuate, architecture, annual, visual, sexual, manual, casual, qualify, annually, sexually, unusual, as usual, infrastructure, casualty, gradually, sexuality.