Antonym: refusal. Similar words: acceptable, concept, conception, stance, substance, instance, distance, pittance. Meaning: [-təns] n. 1. the mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true 2. the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception 3. the state of being acceptable and accepted 4. (contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract) 5. banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank 6. a disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations 7. the act of taking something that is offered.
Random good picture Not show
1. Alternative medicines are now winning greater acceptance among doctors.
2. He wrote a letter of acceptance to the university.
3. His acceptance speech was mercifully brief.
4. He was already well practiced in giving acceptance speeches.
5. The child won acceptance by the teacher.
6. Please confirm your acceptance of this offer in writing.
7. She conditioned her acceptance of the gift on his coming to dinner next evening.
8. Your acceptance into the club will be a mere formality.
9. He made a short acceptance speech / speech of acceptance.
10. She won acceptance by the King family only through extraordinary diligence.
11. We have the pleasure to ask your acceptance of our presents.
12. The Party is being degraded by its acceptance of secret donations.
13. The acceptance of new members is strictly controlled.
14. He lulled people into acceptance of his explanation.
15. Some magazines pay on acceptance,[Sentencedict.com] others on publication.
16. His ideas gradually gained acceptance.
17. The group is now seeking formal acceptance.
18. The prize winner gave an emotional acceptance speech.
19. Acceptance by the UN would effectively legitimize the regime.
20. The new laws gained widespread acceptance.
21. She gave an embarrassingly gushing acceptance speech.
22. The idea was slow to gain general acceptance.
23. He argued very plausibly for its acceptance.
24. This reply is a virtual acceptance of our offer.
25. His speech met with a cold acceptance.
26. Social acceptance is important for most young people.
27. The new laws have gained widespread acceptance.
28. Their attitude was condemned as blind acceptance of authority.
29. Your acceptance into the insurance plan is guaranteed.
30. The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.
More similar words: acceptable, concept, conception, stance, substance, instance, distance, pittance, assistance, resistance, for instance, of importance, in the distance, circumstance, in accordance with, except for, reception, exception, deceptive, perception, accent, access, accentuate, accelerate, accessible, cancel, cancer, dancer, glance, chance.