Synonym: body, content, essence, gist, material, matter, stuff. Similar words: substantial, substantially, stance, instance, distance, resistance, assistance, for instance. Meaning: ['sʌbstəns] n. 1. that which has mass and occupies space 2. the stuff of which an object consists 3. the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience 4. the idea that is intended 5. considerable capital (wealth or income) 6. what a communication that is about something is about.
Random good picture Not show
2. The substance is dehydrated and stored as powder.
3. The terrorists charged the bomb with an explosive substance.
4. What sort of substance could withstand those temperatures?
5. The leaves were covered with a strange sticky substance.
6. Salt is a substance we use in cooking.
7. Diamond is the hardest substance known.
8. Mercury is a fluid substance.
9. Rubber is a flexible substance.
10. Oxygen is one of the basic elements of substance.
11. This substance has now been cloned by molecular biologists.
12. How long will the substance take to salt out?
13. Water and ice are the same substance in different forms.
14. A catalyst is a substance which speeds up a chemical reaction.
15. Man can survive, only when he has the substance, man can live only when he has ideal.
16. Their allegations were without substance.
17. They maintained that ghosts had no substance.
18. Clay is a plastic substance.
19. Is there any substance to their claim?
20. There isn't anything of real substance in her book.
21. There is no substance to the rumours .
22. This substance will fly off.
23. O'Connell's remarks are completely without substance.
24. The substance has been scheduled as a poison.
25. We are using the substance experimentally at first.
26. He was suspended for using a banned substance .
27. Police found an illegal substance in his car.
28. The player insists that he merely took a cold remedy and not a banned substance.
29. Ice and snow are different forms of the same substance(Sentencedict), water.
30. These two chemicals interact with each other at a certain temperature to produce a substance which could cause an explosion.
More similar words: substantial, substantially, stance, instance, distance, resistance, assistance, for instance, circumstance, in the distance, pittance, acceptance, of importance, obstacle, abstinence, stand, stand for, stand out, stand up, stand by, instant, distant, standard, cancer, cancel, constant, stand up for, stand up to, glance, dancer.