Synonym: about, all but, almost, just about, most, near, nearly, nigh, well-nigh. Similar words: virtual, by virtue of, actually, eventually, mutual, ritual, actual, mutualism. Meaning: ['vɜrtʃəlɪ /'vɜːt-] adv. 1. in essence or effect but not in fact 2. (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished.
Random good picture Not show
(1) When Sotomayor is on form he is virtually invincible.
(2) He was virtually a prisoner.
(3) They found the jungle virtually impenetrable.
(4) Her fear virtually imprisoned her in her home.
(5) Virtually all instruction is in small groups or one-on-one.
(6) Virtually every woman in the '20s swooned over Valentino.
(7) Virtually all the children come to school by bus.
(8) She found his accent virtually incomprehensible.
(9) Virtually all cooking was done over coal-fired ranges.
(10) Their lives have been virtually destroyed by this tragedy.
(11) The country has become virtually ungovernable.
(12) He is virtually bilingual in Spanish and Portuguese.
(13) These plastic cups are virtually indestructible.
(14) The work is virtually finished.
(15) The hospital had virtually given her up for dead(sentencedict.com), but she eventually recovered.
(16) Libel plaintiffs are virtually obliged to go into the witness box.
(17) In Post Offices, virtually every document that's passed across the counter is stamped with a rubber stamp.
(18) They were virtually impotent against the power of the large companies.
(19) There were contingents from the navies of virtually all EU countries.
(20) If he took control[sentencedict.com], they would be rendered virtually powerless.
(21) Joanna, 30, spent most of her twenties virtually estranged from her father.
(22) He has virtually declared war on the right-wingers in his party.
(23) It was virtually impossible to synchronise our lives so as to take holidays and weekends together.
(24) She had eaten virtually nothing at supper.
(25) The two words are virtually interchangeable .
(26) Government funding of alternative health care is virtually non-existent.
(27) Their twins are virtually identical.
(28) He is virtually unaltered by the years.
(29) They are con-trolling so much cocoa that they are virtually monopolizing the market.
(30) The old Dutch fort with its thick high walls looks virtually impregnable.
More similar words: virtual, by virtue of, actually, eventually, mutual, ritual, actual, mutualism, annually, sexually, gradually, virus, dirt, skirt, T-shirt, start up, departure, give birth, fortunately, opportunity, environmental, situation, accentuate, sexual, casual, visual, manual, annual, unusual, as usual.