Synonym: momentary, passing, short-lived, transient. Antonym: permanent. Similar words: contemporary, literary, temple, to the contrary, import, contretemps, contemplate, important. Meaning: ['tempərərɪ /-prə-] n. a worker (especially in an office) hired on a temporary basis. adj. 1. not permanent; not lasting 2. lacking continuity or regularity.
Random good picture Not show
1. I got a temporary job.
2. Don't make a permanent decision for your temporary emotion.
3. In his defense he alleged temporary insanity.
4. The tablets brought temporary respite from the excruciating pain.
5. They just reached a temporary agreement.
6. I'm living with my parents, but it's only temporary.
7. There are temporary traffic lights because of the roadworks.
8. Temporary workers are ineligible for the pension scheme.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
9. A temporary truce had been reached earlier that year.
10. His job here is only temporary.
11. The government will provide temporary accommodation for up to three thousand people.
12. The court acquitted Campbell on the grounds of temporary insanity.
13. She suffered temporary loss of vision after being struck on the head.
14. Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
15. They opened a shelter to provide temporary housing for the city's homeless.
16. The ceasefire will only provide a temporary solution to the crisis.
17. Mistake is temporary regret but missing is the forever one.
18. Shoppers will get a temporary reprieve from the new sales tax.
19. Her going on maternity leave will create a temporary vacancy.
20. We have suffered a couple of minor/temporary reversals.
21. The survey didn't collect any information about temporary workers.
22. More than half the staff are temporary.
23. In her defense Halen alleged temporary insanity.
24. His creditors agreed to give him a temporary respite.
25. He was sitting as a temporary judge.
26. The refugees are being housed in temporary accommodation.
27. The villagers were building temporary shelters.
28. I only got a ticket for standing room for a temporary train.
29. This is Sara's first proper job - she usually does temporary work just for the money.
30. The permanent collection is displayed on the first floor, whilst the ground floor houses temporary exhibitions.
More similar words: contemporary, literary, temple, to the contrary, import, contretemps, contemplate, important, corporate, importantly, on the contrary, incorporate, of importance, corporation, stem, item, compose, system, impose, jump off, component, compound, oral, employ, empire, statement, ecosystem, emphasis, preempt, for ages.