Similar words: solidify, validity, solidification, solid, morbidity, placidity, stolid, holiday. Meaning: [sə'lɪdətɪ] n. 1. the consistency of a solid 2. state of having the interior filled with matter 3. the quality of being solid and reliable financially or factually or morally.
Random good picture Not show
1. He had the proverbial solidity of the English.
2. Her writings have extraordinary depth and solidity.
3. The agreement would give a new solidity to military cooperation between the two countries.
4. The forwards had a genuine hardness and solidity about them, a welcome sight after the pathetic shaven-headed posturing of recent years.
5. Further, in its geometrical solidity, what is physical is the unique occupant of its space.
6. First, bodies of thought take on a solidity through being structured around dominant paradigms.
7. That dream world has more solidity than a house uninhabited.
8. Its public character has a solidity and a substance to it.
9. With this foot and all the solidity and strength of her right leg she levered herself into a standing position.
10. Only its solidity and quality of construction saved it from total destruction.
11. The engine purred throatily, doors clunked with glamorous solidity, the car felt luxurious and astronomically expensive.
12. These data confirm the underlying solidity of the labor market.
13. the strength and solidity of Romanesque architecture.
14. She noticed the healthy solidity of his chest.
15. I can't say it is a model of solidity.
16. The solidity of the earth's interior is disputed.
17. The line and shadows give the painting a sense of solidity.
18. Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. George Orwell
19. The contrast sets up a shimmer that destabilizes the solidity of the subject.
20. It is legitimate to speculate about the Devil as long as we do not assume that our speculations have the solidity of holy writ.
21. As a result he is the only character with any real solidity.
22. So[sentencedict.com], giving reasons for our thoughts and actions does not perhaps have the solidity and universality that we might believe.
23. With Gibbons, he wrote, oak had given way to limewood and earthbound solidity to feats of impossible lightness.
24. The whole model of race-linked characteristics ensuring success in sport has the solidity of a house of cards.
25. Summerchild taps on the hardboard divisions to demonstrate their solidity and stops at once when they ring hollow.
25. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
26. Maybe it is radar, coming back to confirm the solidity of objects around us.
27. Its effect was a magical transparency of texture yet with depth and solidity where needed.
28. There were bracelets and anklets of great weight and solidity made of the purest gold.
29. As Joe, Ian Bannen smiles rigidly and often, and acts with stiffness rather than solidity.
30. It is typical of a certain sort of domestic architecture which exudes an air of virtue and solidity.
More similar words: solidify, validity, solidification, solid, morbidity, placidity, stolid, holiday, solicit, solitude, gasoline, solitary, soliloquy, solicitous, oddity, heredity, polity, commodity, fecundity, solemnity, solubility, lid, slide, valid, glide, idiot, eyelid, hiding, acidic, collide.