Synonym: acedia, laziness, slothfulness, tree sloth. Similar words: slothful, slot, cloth, clothing, loincloth, bedclothes, slop, slow. Meaning: [sləʊθ] n. 1. a disinclination to work or exert yourself 2. any of several slow-moving arboreal mammals of South America and Central America; they hang from branches back downward and feed on leaves and fruits 3. apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
Random good picture Not show
(4) Sloth turns the edge of wit.
(5) Sloth is the key of poverty.
(6) The report criticizes the government's sloth in tackling environmental problems.
(7) Absence of competition makes for sloth.
(8) The sloth spends most of its time hanging upside down from the branches.
(9) Workers could be punished for incompetence or sloth.
(10) Profligacy, sloth, licentiousness, gluttony, pride.
(11) Sloth and bad organisation seem to be to blame(Sentencedict.com), even though the builders are on high wages to work fast.
(12) It is not sloth that prevents me from doing my duty, being a grown-up and throwing out the tree.
(13) At the slightest hint of sloth, cross them off your list.
(14) Sloth is the mother of poverty.
(15) The three-toed sloth sleeps 9.6 hours nightly.
(16) Until lately, you led a life of innocent sloth.
(17) His sloth keeps him from taking part in sports.
(18) There are seven deadly sins Captain. Gluttony Greed Sloth Wrath Pride Lust Envy.
(19) A large extinct ground sloth of the family Megatheriidae of the Miocene Epoch through the Epoch.
(20) In the mountains, the tradition of seasonal sloth was ancient and pervasive.
(21) Sloth makes a 11 things difficult. But industry all things easy.
(22) He admitted a lack of motivation and a feeling of sloth.
(23) The seven deadly sins are covetousness, envy, gluttony, lust, pride, anger and sloth.
(24) I have to tell the right hon. Gentleman that indolence, sloth and complacency are not enough.
(25) To intense, hardworking young Taylor, the practice could scarcely have seemed like anything but the most shameless sloth.
(26) Industrialists were exasperated by the obstacles to creating joint-stock companies, the morass of red tape, bureaucratic sloth and corruption.
(27) The rest, as automatically, were punished for their incompetence or sloth.
(28) The vast roof split by the crack line of Sloth looked fierce, so we sneaked past it in search of less intimidating fare.
(29) I suggest to him that he should overcome his natural sloth and complacency.
(30) Your teen needs some house rules, else he becomes a sloth and his room begins to seriously resemble a gerbil cage.