Synonym: bang, beat, change, club, exchange, flog, lash, paddle, pummel, replace, shift, slash, spank, strap, strike, substitute, swap, thrash, trade, turn, whip. Similar words: switch on, switch off, pitch, bitch, pitcher, kitchen, come to terms with, make friends with. Meaning: [swɪtʃ] n. 1. control consisting of a mechanical or electrical or electronic device for making or breaking or changing the connections in a circuit 2. an event in which one thing is substituted for another 3. hairpiece consisting of a tress of false hair; used by women to give shape to a coiffure 4. railroad track having two movable rails and necessary connections; used to turn a train from one track to another or to store rolling stock 5. a flexible implement used as an instrument of punishment 6. a basketball maneuver; two defensive players shift assignments so that each guards the player usually guarded by the other 7. the act of changing one thing or position for another. v. 1. change over, change around, as to a new order or sequence 2. exchange or give (something) in exchange for 3. lay aside, abandon, or leave for another 4. make a shift in or exchange of 5. cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation 6. flog with or as if with a flexible rod 7. reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action).
Random good picture Not show
1. Polls showed a switch to Labour.
2. Where is the light switch?
3. I groped for the light switch.
4. Always switch off appliances that are not in use.
5. Would you switch the channel?
6. He went to switch off the music.
7. Switch to paying your mortgage by direct debit.
8. Which switch do I press to turn it off?
9. He scrabbled for the light switch.
10. Let's switch to some other topic.
11. Do you take Switch?
12. Switch to an interest-paying current account and stay in credit. Most banks and larger building societies now offer these accounts.
13. Can we switch over I'd like to sit in your seat.
14. I fumbled for the light switch in the pitch dark.
15. I would like a switch you to use my years long stay.
16. Milk rounds are threatened as customers switch to buying from supermarkets.
17. I just happened to switch over although I haven'tbeen watching the Olympics.
18. We switch over? I'd like to sit in the sun, too.
19. Are you positive you saw me switch the iron off?
20. Oh, you're back, why don't you switch on the lights?
21. The mains switch is in the cupboard under the stairs.
22. I felt for the electric light switch on the wall and turned it on.
23. I think I remembered to switch the oven off but you'd better check .
24. There is a switch on the wall for turning on the lights.
25. That was in the days before electricity was available at the flick of a switch .
26. The end of the wire had become accidentally fused with the switch.
26. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
27. He blundered about in the dark, feeling for the light switch.
28. She was fumbling around in the dark looking for the light switch.
29. Next week they will swap places and will repeat the switch weekly.
30. The intercom buzzed and he pressed down the appropriate switch.
More similar words: switch on, switch off, pitch, bitch, pitcher, kitchen, come to terms with, make friends with, catch up with, swing, swimming, in full swing, patch, Dutch, watch, catch, stretch, catches, catch on, scratch, stretch out, catch fire, watch out for, with, within, go with, do with, without, witness, down with.