Synonym: conductor, driver, engineer, operator. Similar words: pill, pile, spill, lot, pile up, pillow, happily, plot. Meaning: ['paɪlət] n. 1. someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight 2. a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor 3. a program exemplifying a contemplated series; intended to attract sponsors 4. an original model on which something is patterned 5. small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner 6. an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track. v. 1. fly a plane 2. act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance.
Random good picture Not show
2. The pilot gave the order to bomb up.
3. Some day I'll be a pilot.
4. He spent seventeen years as an airline pilot.
5. The pilot jumped from the burning plane .
6. The boy dreams of becoming a pilot.
7. The pilot avoided a collision by changing course.
8. All on the plane were killed, including the pilot.
9. The trainee pilot flew his first solo today.
10. The pilot programme of vaccination proved successful.
10. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
11. The pilot landed the airliner safely.
12. The pilot crashed the airplane in landing.
13. The pilot had lost consciousness because of oxygen starvation.
14. The pilot felt that the flight had been jinxed.
15. The pilot did manage to get airborne.
16. It's hard to pilot a boat in rough waters.
17. The machine should help to keep the pilot alert.
18. He served as a pilot during the war.
19. The pilot inquired about the weather condition.
20. The accident was caused by pilot error.
21. The aircraft was set on automatic pilot.
22. The pilot checked the fuel gauge frequently.
23. The plane's engine failed and the pilot was forced to bail out.
24. The hijackers kept the pilot on board the plane as hostage.
25. The inexperienced pilot flew the plane badly; it was off the beam most of the time.
26. The officers debriefed the pilot after he had flown back from the warfront.
27. The accident was caused by an error of judgement on the part of the pilot.
28. The guerrillas shot down one aeroplane and captured the pilot.
29. The official report into the accident says that it was caused by pilot error .
30. There is an upper age limit for becoming a pilot.