Synonym: expansion slot, one-armed bandit, time slot. Similar words: slope, slow down, as long as, lot, lots, plot, ballot, pilot. Meaning: [slɑt /slɒt] n. 1. a position in a grammatical linguistic construction in which a variety of alternative units are interchangeable 2. a small slit (as for inserting a coin or depositing mail) 3. a time assigned on a schedule or agenda 4. a position in a hierarchy or organization 5. the trail of an animal (especially a deer) 6. (computer) a socket in a microcomputer that will accept a plug-in circuit board 7. a slot machine that is used for gambling. v. assign a time slot.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The panels slot together to make a compost bin.
(2) He has a regular slot on the late-night programme.
(3) Put a coin in the slot.
(4) Insert the disk into the drive slot.
(5) I put my money in the slot and pressed the button but nothing came out.
(6) Insert coins into the slot and press for a ticket.
(7) The curtain hooks run along a slot in the curtain rail.
(8) Their album has occupied the Number One slot for the past six weeks.
(9) Alan dropped another quarter into the slot on the pay phone.
(10) Insert tab A into slot 1 .
(11) These tubes slot together like this.
(12) His coins all slotted into the slot machine.
(13) He dropped a coin into the slot and dialed.
(14) Do these two pieces slot together?
(15) I can slot you in between 3 and 4.
(16) He dropped a coin into the slot.
(17) Slot piece A into piece B, taking care to keep the two pieces at right angles.
(18) The legs of the chair are meant to slot into the holes at the back.
(19) He's been given a regular ten - minute slot on the radio.
(20) The programme will occupy that half-hour slot before the nine o'clock news.
(21) Insert Tab A into Slot A and glue(sentencedict.com), before standing the model upright.
(22) We should be able to slot the meeting in before lunch.
(23) You buy this bookcase in sections and slot them together.
(24) I dropped a quarter into the slot of the pay phone.
(25) If you put a coin in the slot of this machine, stamps come out of another slot.
(26) Visitors can book a time slot a week or more in advance.
(27) Can you slot her into a job in the sales department?
(28) 90 per cent of listeners had stayed with the programme when it changed its time slot.
(29) It is noteworthy that the programme has been shifted from its original August slot to July.
(30) Firmly secure the two uprights to opposite walls in the alcove and then slot the shelves in between them.