Synonym: clasp, clutch, grab, grasp, grip, snatch. Antonym: loose. Similar words: close in, a case in point, prize, size up, realize, utilize, citizen, minimize. Meaning: [sɪːz] v. 1. take hold of; grab 2. take or capture by force 3. take possession of by force, as after an invasion 4. take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority 5. seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one's right or possession 6. hook by a pull on the line 7. affect 8. capture the attention or imagination of.
Random good picture Not show
3. Seize time by the forelock.
5. Seize the opportunity when it comes up.
6. She tried to seize the gun from him.
7. Carpe diem. Seize the day,[sentencedict.com] boys. Make your lives extraordinary.
8. The crew tried to seize control of the ship, and were shot for mutiny.
9. He who seize the right moment, is the right man.
10. Don't be disappointed on the journey of life.There are friends in the world.Seize your chance and value your opportunities.May our friendship be everlasting.
11. Political instability helped the army to seize power.
12. The wrestlers try to seize hold of each other.
13. My joints seize up in the cold weather.
14. He was quick to seize on this idea.
15. Seize any opening you can.
16. Coup plotters tried to seize power in Moscow.
17. Politicians need to seize the initiative from the terrorists.
18. He had failed to seize his chance.
19. A plan was afoot to seize power.
20. Carpe diem means seize the day.
21. The bank can seize the asset in the event of a default in payment.
22. Army officers plotted a failed attempt yesterday to seize power.
23. Your engine will seize up if you don't put some more oil in.
24. We are all born flexible but as we grow older, we tend to seize up a little.
25. Our destiny offers not the cup of despair, but the chalice of opportunity. So let us seize it, not in fear, but in gladness.
26. Our destiny offers not the cup of despair, but the chalice of opportunity. So let us seize it, not in fear, but in gladness.——R.M.
27. They made the big mistake of thinking they could seize its border with a relatively small force.
28. Residents said local gang leaders had cashed in on the violence to seize valuable land.
29. If you fail to oil the engine regularly, it would seize up without warning.
30. All the soldiers were ordered to go in and seize the city.
More similar words: close in, a case in point, prize, size up, realize, utilize, citizen, minimize, organize, emphasize, organized, apologize, criticize, authorize, jeopardize, demoralize, first prize, specialize, citizenship, characterize.