1. From a little
spark may burst a mighty flame.
thieves are hanged, but great ones escape.
3. A little
is better than none.
4. Little chips light great fires.
5. A little
neglect may breed great mischief.
6. A little
pot is soon hot.
7. Often and little
eating makes a man fat.
8. Many a little
makes a mickle.
boats must keep the shores.
10. A little
of everything, nothing at all.
11. Many lords, many laws; much law, little
12. Love me little
and love me long.
13. Many a little
(or pickle) makes a mickle.
14. Who answers suddenly knows little.
15. Money lost, little
lost; time lost, everything lost.
pitchers have great (or large) ears.
17. A little
knowledge is a dangerous thing.
17. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
18. Poor men's words have little
19. Mighty oaks from little
20. Kind words are worth much and cost little
21. He is a wise man who speaks little
22. Think much, speak little
, and write less.
23. Poor folk [men] are fain of little
pigeons can carry great messages.
25. A little
pot [pan] is soon hot.
26. By little
and little the wolf eateth the sheep.
27. A man of sense talks little
and listens much.
28. Into every life a little
rain must fall.
29. Little said is soon amended.
bodies may have great souls.