Synonym: cut, decrease, diminish, lessen, lower, moderate. Antonym: increase. Similar words: produce, producer, introduce, reduction, sauce, duck, red, educate. Meaning: [rɪ'duːs /-'dju-] v. 1. cut down on; make a reduction in 2. make less complex 3. bring to humbler or weaker state or condition 4. simplify the form of a mathematical equation of expression by substituting one term for another 5. lower in grade or rank or force somebody into an undignified situation 6. be the essential element 7. reduce in size; reduce physically 8. lessen and make more modest 9. make smaller 10. to remove oxygen from a compound, or cause to react with hydrogen or form a hydride, or to undergo an increase in the number of electrons 11. narrow or limit 12. put down by force or intimidation 13. undergo meiosis 14. reposition (a broken bone after surgery) back to its normal site 15. reduce in scope while retaining essential elements 16. be cooked until very little liquid is left 17. cook until very little liquid is left 18. lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture 19. take off weight.
Random good picture Not show
1. He would not reduce it in price.
2. They petitioned the government to reduce taxes.
3. The aim is to reduce traffic at peak periods.
4. Aspirin should help reduce the fever.
5. We need to reduce the speed slightly.
6. Our aim is to reduce road casualties .
7. Better street lighting might help to reduce crime.
8. The government must make new policies to reduce unemployment.
9. Do nuclear weapons really reduce the risk of war?
10. The governor announced a new plan to reduce crime.
11. We'll need to reduce the weight by half.
12. They have to reduce expenses this year.
13. Today police launched a campaign to reduce road accidents.
13. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
14. He is trying to reduce expenses.
15. Try to reduce your intake of fat.
16. They aim to reduce unit costs through extra sales.
17. We need to reduce our overheads.
18. Antibiotics will reduce the swelling.
19. He won't reduce the rent of our house.
20. The company must reduce costs to compete effectively.
21. Immerse your foot in ice cold water to reduce the swelling.
22. What may be done to reduce the influence of intractable opponents?
23. The decision to reduce pay levels incensed the work - force.
24. Insulation may reduce the danger of pipes bursting in winter.
25. If the Europeans did not reduce subsidies, a trade war would ensue.
26. The committee put forward a proposal to reduce the time limit.
27. In economic terms the need to reduce inflation is unanswerable.
28. The company needs to reduce its dependence on just one particular product.
29. Helping to alleviate poverty in developing countries also helps to reduce environmental destruction.
30. I really believe that it is possible to both improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs.
More similar words: produce, producer, introduce, reduction, sauce, duck, red, educate, scared, shared, conduct, product, educator, sacred, education, hundred, retired, predict, required, predator, credulous, on credit, productive, production, educational, incredibly, incredible, ingredient, prediction, productivity.