Random good picture Not show
1. Eventually oligarchy took over from democracy.
2. The corrupt types include tyranny, oligarchy, and democracy.
3. Perhaps inevitably, with such wealth and diversity an oligarchy of local tradesman emerged, organised into a merchant guild.
4. But the municipal oligarchy was too weak to pursue its course for long, and eventually came to terms with the state.
5. It was rather a kind of oligarchy, with a strong hereditary element in its composition.
6. Whenever oligarchy took over from democracy, pay for office was one of the first things to be abolished.
7. The only secure basis for oligarchy is collectivism.
8. Athens was suffering under the rule of an oligarchy that had no concern for the people's welfare.
9. The financial oligarchy is the real ruler of capitalist monopolies.
10. The country is ruled by an oligarchy called the'fifteen families '.
11. What the juristical oligarchy now claims is to monopolise the knowledge of the laws, to have the exclusive possession of the principles by which quarrels are decided.
12. But the landed oligarchy had stunted the country's democratic development for generations.
13. It was ruled by the Rana oligarchy for more than a century.
14. What is the difference between democracy and oligarchy? What are the different types of each?
15. Insecure and fearful of its own people, the oligarchy preserves itself through tyranny.
16. However, because of the opposition of a still-powerful landed oligarchy, the effects of the legislation were diluted.
17. These educational institutions suffer from very poor standards and give tacit or open support to the oligarchy.
18. Potentially democratic ideas thus provided a justification for rule by a propertied oligarchy.
18. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
19. Isagoras invoked the aid of King Cleomenes of Sparta, and an attempt was made to restore the aristocratic oligarchy.
20. In Britain the big cities were notoriously in the hands of the oligarchy of local businessmen.
21. The struggle is probably better understood as one between a dominant oligarchy and those whom they excluded from power.
22. It had long been realized that the only secure basis for oligarchy is collectivism.
23. The big cities were notoriously in the hands of the oligarchy of local businessmen.
24. But plenty of thoughtful people ( many of them in the Lords ) are holding out for oligarchy.
25. I thought the US system is slowly drifting from a gov't regulated capitalism to wealthy elites regulated government, or a oligarchy, as they call it.
26. On paper, we're a one-person-one-vote nation; in reality, we're more than a bit of an oligarchy, in which a handful of wealthy people dominate.
27. If his Congo was a personal fief, the British empire stands revealed as a scarcely more representative oligarchy, organised on avowedly "aristocratic" lines by a clique of white men on the make.
28. How far did the Meiji constitution confirm the powers of the Meiji oligarchy?
29. And he has often fallen foul of the Argentinian oligarchy.
30. The result could be a China that falls into a stagnant oligarchy like that of Russia.
More similar words: anarchy, monarchy, patriarchy, hooligan, march, starch, cigarette, alligator, research, architect, patriarch, researcher, obligation, in search of, architecture, bigamy, porch, navigate, church, instigate, arcane, purchase, mitigation, parcel, a far cry, merchant, solid, investigate, garage, garden.