Synonym: confine, isolate, seclude, segregate, separate. Similar words: quantity, in quantity, continent, square, quarter, quarrel with, quarterback, headquarters. Meaning: ['kwɑrəntɪːn ,'kwɔ- /'kwɒ-] n. 1. enforced isolation of patients suffering from a contagious disease in order to prevent the spread of disease 2. isolation to prevent the spread of infectious disease. v. place into enforced isolation, as for medical reasons.
Random good picture Not show
1. The ship is still in rigorous quarantine.
2. The dog was kept in quarantine for six months.
3. The ship is detained in quarantine.
4. The animals are still in quarantine at the port.
5. The monkeys were kept in quarantine for 31 days.
6. The health officials placed the ship's crew in quarantine.
7. The horse had to spend several months in quarantine when it reached Britain.
8. This depends largely on the quarantine situation.
9. You wouldn't quarantine cancer patients, would you?
10. The issue was resolved by an act of quarantine.
11. The mice must then be kept in quarantine for 6 months.
12. The quarantine makes it illegal to transport honey bees out of the area.
13. The animal is being kept at quarantine kennels after being siezed at Newport docks.
14. Simpson said a monkey from the other quarantine room also showed signs of the virus, but a second test was negative.
15. But I don't know how long the quarantine period is.
16. With the statewide quarantine, up to 180, 000 acres of wheat crop will be affected, Schlittenhart estimated.
17. Koko the gorilla will be in quarantine until next week.
18. Quarantine Legally no quarantine period is needed for tropical fish.
19. She was sent home to Oxford and put in quarantine.
20. The puppy, which may have rabies, is at a quarantine kennels.
21. Read in studio A puppy which may have rabies is being held at a quarantine kennels in the region.
22. The workers were not scratched or bitten and have not been placed under quarantine.
23. All animals entering the UK used to have to be put in quarantine.
24. One call to pet food company Eukanuba and the expensive quarantine and complicated paperwork were taken care of.
25. If there were any problems, a yellow flag was hoisted and the ship was put in quarantine off Lazareto.
26. Often the first separation was literal, through hospital isolation and quarantine, practices firmly established during the 1916 polio epidemic.
27. Unfortunately, the bride-to-be died in a smallpox epidemic, which plunged the city both into mourning and quarantine.sentence dictionary
28. Two weeks later, 44 of the 50 monkeys in one quarantine room were dead.
29. The house had then to be fumigated, and Ann and 1 were in quarantine for six weeks.
30. In the best of all possible worlds, we'd all quarantine our pond fish.
More similar words: quantity, in quantity, continent, square, quarter, quarrel with, quarterback, headquarters, far and away, harangue, far and near, grant, routine, vagrant, hunting, warranty, routinely, continue, parenting, meantime, pedantic, romantic, exuberant, immigrant, continued, semantics, abstinence, clandestine, continuing, accounting.