Antonym: emigrant. Similar words: immigration, migration, grant, swimming, programming, grand, a grand, grandfather. Meaning: ['ɪmɪgrənt] n. a person who comes to a country where they were not born in order to settle there.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Immigrant tales have always been popular themes in fiction.
(2) Immigrant workers were classed as resident aliens.
(3) Immigrant workers were classed as aliens.
(4) The immigrant community is strongly concentrated geographically.
(5) The film provides a window on the immigrant experience.
(6) He came from a poor immigrant family.
(7) Mortality among immigrant groups was higher than average.
(8) Immigrant support groups are waiting to see if he sticks to his word.
(9) North Africans make up the largest and poorest immigrant group in the country.
(10) Many teachers are clueless about the needs of immigrant students.
(11) She married Norwegian immigrant Niels Larsen who later anglicized his name.
(12) Most people agree that immigrant communities enrich our culture.
(13) The immigrant is the Everyman of the twentieth century.
(14) She hears immigrant lovers cry in crowded shopping malls.
(15) Letterman is a believer in the immigrant mentality.
(16) Q.. What happens if an illegal immigrant is caught?
(17) For an immigrant boy this marital alliance was no mean achievement.
(18) Once on the job, strong immigrant networks mean that other immigrants tend to be hired when new openings emerge.
(19) The film is about rival immigrant gangs vying for control of 1850s New York.
(20) These boundaries draw in children of immigrant farm workers and, at the other extreme, children of high-tech millionaires.
(21) Applicants for immigrant visas must pay an additional $75 charge. Sentencedict.com
(22) An immigrant labour force would always be needed as a buffer to absorb the shocks of alternating booms and recessions.
(23) San Francisco has a significant immigrant population because of its proximity to Asia.
(24) The Prime Minister met many civic leaders, including the mayor and the leaders of the immigrant communities.
(25) Later it emerged that the judge had employed an illegal immigrant.
(26) Congresswoman Weintrob jawboned local officials about their responsibilities toward the immigrant community.
(27) The company was fined for the exploitation of its immigrant workers.
(28) Sorting rubbish is still done largely by hand, often by low-paid or immigrant labour, and is filthy and dangerous work.
(29) The eagle and iron cross symbol is being used by thugs firebombing immigrant hostels.
(30) Some new-home builders are revamping their standard home design to better incorporate the needs and desires of immigrant buyers.
More similar words: immigration, migration, grant, swimming, programming, grand, a grand, grandfather, grandmother, grandchild, grandparent, blackcurrant, might, immune, immediate, summit, committee, commission, commissioner, gray, grab, grade, grape, can't, program, gravity, gratify, grammar, grained, rank.