Similar words: continue, continuous, continuing, continent, a bone of contention, on the contrary, on time, hunting. Meaning: [-juːd] adj. without stop or interruption.
Random good picture Not show
1. The pressure at work continued without any letup.
2. The rain continued to fall all afternoon.
3. She continued to assert that she was innocent.
4. The disease has continued to perplex doctors.
5. Share prices continued their downward trend.
5. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
6. The daily work continued;nay, it actually increased.
7. Shares continued to depreciate on the stock markets today.
8. Things continued quiet for some while.
9. The rain continued falling all afternoon.
10. The investigation continued for nearly three years.
11. The custom has continued from the 16th century downward.
12. Federal leaders continued their efforts to secure a ceasefire.
13. After a short break the play continued.
14. Billy continued to stand there, mute and defiant.
15. Our success is contingent upon your continued help.
16. Officers continued a fingertip search of the area yesterday.
17. He continued in a quizzical tone.
18. The bombardment continued for a terrible nine hours.
19. She continued to assert her innocence.
20. They continued to get their silks from China.
21. As the unrest continued, the death toll rose .
22. They overrode my protest and continued with the meeting.
23. Elsa continued as if nothing was amiss.
24. Because of the continued loss, the factory closed down.
25. I continued working. Meantime, he went out shopping.
26. He continued to find the Simpsons uncongenial bores.
27. His tired mind continued to wallow in self-pity.
28. After a pause he continued his story.
29. The ship continued sailing eastwards.
30. I continued my studies in a rather haphazard way.
More similar words: continue, continuous, continuing, continent, a bone of contention, on the contrary, on time, hunting, frontier, parenting, accounting, contain, context, contest, control, contend, confront, contract, contrast, unrelentingly, container, contribute, consist in, pay attention to, convention, contractor, contributor, contrast to, by contrast, contribution.