Similar words: dessert, tactlessness, selflessness, assert, asserted, assertive, patisserie, dissertation. Meaning: ['lesə(r)] adj. 1. of less size or importance 2. smaller in size or amount or value.
Random good picture Not show
1. This sort of job is a lesser evil than unemployment.
2. But these were difficult times and a lesser man would have buckled under the strain.
3. He doesn't even acknowledge us lesser mortals .
4. A lesser woman would have given up.
5. They pleaded guilty to lesser charges of criminal damage.
6. He was feared by other, lesser, men.
7. He was encouraged to plead guilty to the lesser offence.
8. He was charged with the lesser crime of possessing a forged bond, rather than actually forging it.
9. We were all disappointed to a greater or lesser degree.
10. People voted for him as the lesser of two evils.
11. Students played the lesser parts and sang in the chorus.
12. They were all involved to a greater or lesser degree .
13. Ethiopia and, to a lesser extent/degree, Kenya will be badly affected by the drought.
14. She has also been affected, but to a lesser degree.
15. She dines in the executive suite, while we lesser mortals use the staff cafeteria.
16. This was true in Madrid, and to a lesser extent, Valencia and Seville.
17. They originally asked for $5 million(sentencedict.com), but finally settled for a lesser sum.
18. The pollution of the forest has seriously affected plant life and, to a lesser extent, wildlife.
19. No medication works in isolation but is affected to a greater or lesser extent by many other factors.
20. Most pop music is influenced, to a greater or lesser degree, by the blues.
21. Most companies operate in conditions that are to a greater or lesser extent competitive.
22. It will affect farmers in Spain and to a lesser extent in France.
23. The law was designed to protect wives, and, to a lesser extent, children.
24. She can deal with complicated numbers in her head, but we lesser mortals need calculators!
25. Neither candidate seemed capable of governing the country. People voted for him as the lesser of two evils.
26. The tax changes will especially hit those on high incomes and , to a lesser degree, small businesses.
26. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
27. The police officers guarding the door let in the celebrities, but they prevented us lesser/mere mortals from going inside.
28. The more obvious potential allies are Ireland, Denmark and, to a lesser degree, the Netherlands.
29. The case has been remitted from the appeal court to a lesser tribunal.
30. But allowing a criminal to go free is perhaps the lesser of two evils if the alternative is imprisoning an innocent person.
More similar words: dessert, tactlessness, selflessness, assert, asserted, assertive, patisserie, dissertation, less, assess, vessel, bless, possess, finesse, dressed, essence, useless, unless, lesson, stressed, obsessed, endless, witless, hapless, careless, in essence, processed, depressed, essential, addressed.