Random good picture Not show
1. "What about me?" came a plaintive voice.
2. The melody is plaintive, not energetic like the hymns in church.
3. Ranulf came in with a series of plaintive questions but Corbett dismissed him with a look.
4. The editorials in the Straits Times were plaintive: How could the voters be so ungrateful?
5. Seam combine melancholy, rage and pure plaintive yearning to devastating effect.
6. Her voice was a little plaintive.
7. Her voice was small and plaintive.
8. A long plaintive wail emanated from the cardboard box.
9. I fell in love with the subtly plaintive timbre of the Qiang flute.
10. Suddenly a camel let out a plaintive ay, not far away.
11. Onstage she's ever forthright: raunchy or plaintive, insolent or exalted, underlining her tone with well-timed gestures.
12. I opened it and the plaintive song played automatically, surprising me.
13. He accepted Overbrook's next plaintive invitation, for an evening two weeks off.
14. Nehru himself sent the President a long and plaintive letter at the end of the month.
15. She had a plaintive way of saying, "When Papa was rich we did so-and-so, " which was very touching, and her long words were considered 'perfectly elegant' by the girls.
16. There was a plaintive cry from a crushed passenger in the rear of the bus.
17. I can today take up the plaintive lament of a peeled and woe - smitten people!
18. The plaintive droning of a cicada in cold weather sounds melancholy.
19. It describes the sorrow and plaintive emotion of the ancient lady - in - waiting.
20. Mother Gaia sings a plaintive tune as her wails belie her birthing pains.
20. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
21. For the season grows and there is a plaintive shepherd's pipe in the shade.
22. They lay on the firm sands, listening to the plaintive cry of the seagulls.
23. Somewhere in the audience an old woman's voice began plaintive wail.
24. Legend has it that the bridge got its name from the plaintive cries of the prisoners as they were escorted across it.
25. There he left them, knowing that they were safe, despite their plaintive cries.
26. For the season grows heavy with its fullness, and there is a plaintive shepherd's pipe in the shade.
27. Possibly picking up the scent of her young, she let out a high - pitched, plaintive whine.
28. She began to step backward toward the door, when something about her plaintive face attracted him.
29. For the season grows heavy with its fulness, and there is a plaintive shepherd's pipe in the shade.
30. There was no ill-fitting glove, no dream team, no slow-motion car chase, and no plaintive wail of a dog.
More similar words: plaintiff, complaint, plain, explain, complain, complain about, incentive, attentive, inventive, antivenom, preventive, substantive, intuitive, inattentive, quantitative, interactive, introspective, interrogative, collective bargaining, plait, plaid, lain, maintain, villain, plantain, ain't, paint, taint, faint, saint.