Random good picture Not show
1. The church has lain empty and unused since 1994.
2. I had no sooner lain down than the telephone rang.
3. The corpse had lain preserved in the soil for almost two millennia.
4. She had lain there all night.
4. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
5. These machines have lain idle since the factory closed.
6. She had lain in bed for so long that her shoulder blades had become ulcerated.
7. They had lain on sleeping bags on the concrete floor.
8. Her talent might have lain dormant had it not been for her aunt's encouragement.
9. He must have lain awake all night.
10. I have lain at his feet.
11. She'd lain for two days on the cellar floor.
12. I've lain awake at nights, turning the problem over and over in my mind.
13. Darwin's explanation of bright colour has lain dormant and untested for over a century.
14. She had lain in her bed for years, feigning illness and playing on the sympathy of her daughters.
15. It's lain across the hill near Uffington for at least two thousand years.
16. She had lain on her bed at her farmhouse home on January 2 and put a double-barrelled shotgun to her head.
17. She would have lain down except that the benches had iron arms every two feet.
18. The live one had lain across him all that horrible long night in the storm.
19. I have lain awake all night waiting to get back to these words and I have now read them a dozen times.
20. Still, he had lain upon her knees and slept in her arms and therefore he should have honor throughout his life.
21. Two hours she had lain there - two whole hours of torment.
22. Her great success has lain in her willingness to use the vagueness and flexibility of the Constitution to her own ends.
23. I have to warn you that his motives have lain hidden.
24. Why don't you lay on the bed? In the past tenses laid is often wrongly used for lay or lain :She had lain there all night.
25. Watkins probably heard mention of these ideas, the seeds from which may have lain dormant in him for over fifty years.
26. The Tynes, perched in their multitudes on the hand-carved cart that had lain cherished and unused in their garage.
27. Abruptly he jumped up and tore away the bedclothes, searching the rug on which he had lain.
28. This was Goat Island, created of silts and clays that had originally lain on the bottom of the vanished Lake Tonawanda.
29. Hefting a large, heavy pair of cable-cutters that had lain on a shelf, she let the first two go by.
30. Actually, if I hadn't gone to check her, Hereward might have lain there till Sunday.