Synonym: pen. Similar words: penitent, impenitent, penitence, potential, potentially, sequential, essential, essentially. Meaning: [‚penɪ'tenʃərɪ] n. a correctional institution for those convicted of major crimes. adj. used for punishment or reform of criminals or wrongdoers.
Random good picture Not show
(1) If forced to choose between the penitentiary and the White House for four years, I would say the penitentiary, thank you.
(2) Such places are the antechamber to the penitentiary.
(3) The gas chamber, Maryland Penitentiary.
(4) I learned that in the penitentiary.
(5) He helped me get out the penitentiary.
(6) Except when I was in the penitentiary.
(7) Willie had just spent two years in federal penitentiary.
(8) I done been in the penitentiary.
(9) If Kili is a penitentiary, Bikini is the penthouse suite.
(10) The turn-off for the penitentiary appears too suddenly out of flat scrub.
(11) Tom Martell sits in the federal penitentiary at Las Vegas, a prisoner of conscience.
(12) When I arrived back from the penitentiary, Gloria was in my room asleep.
(13) The murderer served 10 years at the penitentiary in Stillwater.
(14) Are we running a penitentiary, or are we running a hotel?
(15) He has been out of the penitentiary for one week and the suit is his prison issue. Sentencedict.com
(16) Fox River Penitentiary is an old prison.
(17) Lee is serving his sentence down at the penitentiary.
(18) He did a stretch in the federal penitentiary.
(19) He worked as a warden at the state penitentiary.
(20) JUDGE having sentenced a Malefactor to the penitentiary was proceeding to point out to him the disadvantages of crime and the profit of reformation.
(21) The exact penitentiary ( or penalty ? ) where they are been held is under disclosed.
(22) She called the penitentiary and asked to teach creative writing to inmates.
(23) That one got him convicted of stock fraud and sent to Leavenworth penitentiary for seven years.
(24) And he gon na be laying over there across the street or back down there in the penitentiary.
(25) Officials said the devices appear similar to two additional bombs that arrived Thursday at a federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan.
(26) In 1929, aged 19, he was sent to the Ohio State Penitentiary for armed robbery.
(27) Despite the violence, the prisoner escaped injury and was sent to the state penitentiary.
(28) Before that he spent seven years in the Ohio State Penitentiary for armed robbery.
(29) Aldrich Ames is serving a life sentence at the federal penitentiary at Allenwood, Pa..
(30) "Your Honour, " said the Malefactor, interrupting, "would you be kind enough to alter my punishment to ten years in the penitentiary and nothing else?
More similar words: penitent, impenitent, penitence, potential, potentially, sequential, essential, essentially, tangential, residential, deferential, influential, finite element, pestilential, deferentially, preferential, presidential, essentiality, consequential, attention, intention, differentiate, distention, contentious, pretentious, pay attention to, pretentiousness, a bone of contention, diary, auxiliary.