Synonym: appointment, choice, designation, naming, selection. Similar words: discrimination, combination, inclination, dominate, nation, national, zonation, donation. Meaning: [‚nɑmɪ'neɪʃn /‚nɒ-] n. 1. the act of officially naming a candidate 2. the condition of having been proposed as a suitable candidate for appointment or election 3. an address (usually at a political convention) proposing the name of a candidate to run for election.
Random good picture Not show
1. She is standing for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
2. Who will get the Republican nomination for president?
3. She has withdrawn her nomination as chairman.
4. They say he's certain to get a nomination for best supporting actor.
5. He's a shoo-in for the nomination.
6. He will not accept nomination to the committee.
7. Few people pronounced for his nomination.
8. Membership of the club is by nomination only.
9. The nomination of Judge Watkins as head of the inquiry was a surprise.
10. He won the nomination as Democratic candidate for the presidency.
11. His nomination, while strongly backed by the President, has received tepid support in the Senate.
12. John is favorite to get the nomination for club president.
13. John is favourite to get the nomination for club president.
13. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
14. They opposed the nomination of a junior officer to the position of Inspector General of Police.
15. He quickly won his party's nomination to contest the elections.
16. I seconded the nomination.
17. They opposed her nomination to the post of Deputy Director.
18. She is seeking nomination as a candidate in the elections.
19. Six candidates are currently vying for the Democratic presidential nomination.
20. He is currently the front runner for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
21. The Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to vote momen-tarily on his nomination to the Supreme Court.
22. A year ago he was just an also-ran for the Democratic nomination.
23. Three of the original five candidates for the Democratic presidential nomination have now thrown in the towel.
24. He instructed his staff to crank up for an all - out fight against the nomination.
25. The film —tautly directed by horror-meister Sam Raimi —is almost assured an Oscar nomination.
26. Few expected that he would declare his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for the presidency.
27. He has just under 1,600 delegates, about three-fourths what he needs to win the Democratic presidential nomination.
28. A third candidate has entered the contest for the Republican nomination.
29. The film faces stiff competition for the Best Film nomination.
30. He looked like a shoo-in to win the Democratic nomination.
More similar words: discrimination, combination, inclination, dominate, nation, national, zonation, donation, nationwide, explanation, nationalism, international, administration, nominee, dominant, eliminate, laminated, fascinating, in addition, in addition to, operation, equation, location, formation, relation, education, in all directions, allegation, isolation, radiation.