Synonym: Caranx crysos, base runner, blue runner, contrabandist, moon curser, moon-curser, offset, smuggler, stolon. Similar words: tunnel, manner, winner, planner, sunny, run, connect, channel. Meaning: ['rʌnə(r)] n. 1. someone who imports or exports without paying duties 2. someone who travels on foot by running 3. a person who is employed to deliver messages or documents 4. a baseball player on the team at bat who is on base (or attempting to reach a base) 5. a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips 6. a trained athlete who competes in foot races 7. a long narrow carpet 8. device consisting of the parts on which something can slide along 9. fish of western Atlantic: Cape Cod to Brazil.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The exhausted runner threw himself down and gasped.
(2) He is a fast runner.
(3) Ovett managed to outpace every other runner.
(4) You need stamina to be a long-distance runner.
(5) He will be the youngest runner in the race.
(6) The runner has firm muscles.
(7) The faster runner set the pace.
(8) One runner forged ahead of the others and won the.
(9) She has loads of natural talent as a runner and with rigorous training she could be a world-beater.
(10) I am a very keen runner and am out training most days.
(11) There was a suspicion that this runner attempted to avoid the procedures for dope testing.
(12) Brooks was abreast with the leading runner for a few minutes but then fell behind.
(13) She is a long-distance runner, and she likes to run marathons.
(14) One runner forged ahead of the others and won the race.
(15) Brooks was abreast of the leading runner for a few minutes but then fell behind.
(16) He raced with that runner for a prize.
(17) The leading runner raised his arms in triumph.
(18) The race really stretched him/his skill as a runner.
(19) Given his age, he's a remarkably fast runner.
(20) Fransis excels as a long-distance runner.
(21) She showed great promise as a runner.
(22) The young German runner finished a creditable second.
(23) The runner was bathed in sweat.
(24) Each runner passes the baton to the next.
(25) He timed a runner in the race.
(26) One runner drew away from the pack. Sentencedict.com
(27) They closed on the heels of the runner.
(28) The runner puffed out the news of the victory.
(29) If only our horse can get ahead of the leading runner,it can win the race.
(30) "Start slowly" is the key phrase for the first-time marathon runner.
More similar words: tunnel, manner, winner, planner, sunny, run, connect, channel, personnel, trunk, run off, run out, on the run, run down, connection, run over, run into, run out of, truncated, run through, in the long run, owner, nerve, energy, partner, trainer, funeral, prisoner, mineral, nervous.