Similar words: error, cashmere, terror, merry, erroneous, terrorist, terrorism, terrorize. Meaning: n. a communist organization formed in Cambodia in 1970; became a terrorist organization in 1975 when it captured Phnom Penh and created a government that killed an estimated three million people; was defeated by Vietnamese troops but remained active until 1999.
Random good picture Not show
1) The report concluded that the Khmer Rouge tactic was proving successful and that grassroots sympathy for the group had probably been underestimated.
2) The Khmer Rouge has been at war with the official Government since 1979.
3) Why, after a campaign punctuated by sporadic Khmer Rouge attacks, was the election allowed to proceed relatively peacefully?
4) The Khmer Rouge exterminated as many as two million Cambodiansa quarter of the population.
5) Before they were in power some Khmer Rouge were very angry with old government,(http://sentencedict.com/khmer rouge.html) because they were very poor.
6) Khmer Rouge guerrillas move around the countryside in small groups of five to 10.
7) Thus the Khmer Rouge came to power in April 1975 and created yet another political system, renaming the state Kampuchea.
8) The military command structure of the Khmer Rouge is tight at the top and loose at the bottom.
9) He leads Khmer Rouge delegations at international conferences, and has been promoted as the moderate face of the Khmer Rouge.
10) In public, the Khmer Rouge leaders have a quiet dignity.
11) The city of Battambang was subjected to heavy Khmer Rouge artillery fire.
12) Today he is commander in chief of the Khmer Rouge guerrilla army.
13) Now the Khmer Rouge take their land and smash their pagodas.
14) In many villages, Khmer Rouge informers warn them if government troops are in the area.
15) Government troops have been defeated and the Khmer Rouge now occupy Pailin.
16) In rural areas, the Khmer Rouge is not universally despised(sentencedict.com), as the government in Phnom Penh maintains.
17) Leaders of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia that claimed over 1 million in the 1970 s.
18) UN officials say two military observers were seized by the Khmer Rouge yesterday.
19) No civil aircraft now stayed in Phnom Penh overnight, since Khmer Rouge rocket attacks on the airport were frequent.
20) Reports from Kampuchea claim that the country's 35,000-man army is good enough to stand up to Khmer Rouge incursions.
21) It is among the merchants and civil servants that fear of the Khmer Rouge is highest.
22) Then the country, including Angkor, was overrun by the murderous, savage Khmer Rouge.
23) The first would be to create an appointed senate, which would allow Khmer Rouge leaders to be given an official role.
24) Across the country, anxious United Nations workers awoke to the thought that the long-awaited Khmer Rouge offensive had started.
25) What is your country doing to prevent Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge returning to power?
26) Roads and trains through the countryside are not considered safe from the bandits and ousted Khmer Rouge remnants in the rural areas.
27) We have had trouble at first light with the Khmer Rouge.
28) Tourists photograph skulls at a memorial for the victims of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.
29) Youk Channg is the director of the Documentation Center of Cambodia, which is compiling evidence on the Khmer Rouge regime ahead of the upcoming trials.
30) These ugly billboards have to go ! These luxuries all had to go under the Khmer Rouge.
More similar words: error, cashmere, terror, merry, erroneous, terrorist, terrorism, terrorize, interrogate, rough, trial and error, trough, interrogation, interrogative, ferromagnetic, reign of terror, carrousel, surround, through, borough, roughly, drought, brought, wrought, thorough, go through, surrounded, get through, through to, all through.