Synonym: about, approximately, around, close to, just about, more or less, or so, rough, some. Similar words: thoroughly, drought, through, go through, thorough, all through, throughout, get through. Meaning: ['rʌflɪ] adv. 1. (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct 2. with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly') 3. with rough motion as over a rough surface.
Random good picture Not show
2) There were roughly 200 people there.
3) Eight kilometres is roughly equivalent to five miles.
4) The lane is roughly parallel to the main road.
5) He played roughly with the baby.
6) We live roughly halfway between here and the coast.
7) He roughly examined the old records.
8) Their nursery schools correspond roughly to our infant schools.
9) The two situations are roughly analogous.
10) They all left at roughly the same time.
11) Its outline roughly forms an equilateral triangle.
12) Roughly chop the vegetables,(http://sentencedict.com/roughly.html) and keep back a little to chop finely and serve as a garnish.
13) The wall hangings are thought to be roughly contemporary with the tiled floors.
14) The money I've saved corresponds roughly to the amount I need for my course.
15) The company employs men and women in roughly equal proportions.
16) The amount of food a child needs is roughly proportional to its size.
17) Roughly speaking, we receive about fifty letters a week on the subject.
18) Roughly half the class are Spanish and the others are a mixture of nationalities.
19) Loam is a soil with roughly equal proportions of clay, sand and silt.
20) She tore the page out roughly, leaving a ragged edge in the book.
21) He tweaked Guy's ear roughly.
22) He shoved me roughly aside.
23) Roughly chop and parboil the potatoes.
24) Sam put the cat out of the door roughly.
25) There has been an increase of roughly 2.25 million.
26) The speaker was roughly handled by the mob.
27) The trade-in value is roughly $3000.
28) He was roughly handled by the mob.
29) We were shouldered roughly out of the way.
30) The two scientists both made the same discovery independently, at roughly the same time.
More similar words: thoroughly, drought, through, go through, thorough, all through, throughout, get through, cut through, fall through, come through, put through, run through, pull through, look through, pass through, break through, carry through, follow through, dough, though, enough, ought to, although, as though, a thought, even though, at the thought of, monthly, round and round.