Antonym: incomprehensible. Similar words: comprehensive, comprehension, be responsible for, visible, possible, accessible, as soon as possible, forehead. Meaning: [‚kɑmprɪ'hensəbl /'kɒm-] adj. capable of being comprehended or understood.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Her speech was slurred and barely comprehensible.
(2) It's written in clear, comprehensible English.
(3) His French was barely comprehensible.
(4) The system is perfectly comprehensible to most people.
(5) Her writing is barely comprehensible to me.
(6) Our aim is to make the students'speech comprehensible.
(7) He spoke abruptly, in barely comprehensible Arabic.
(8) The instructions should be easily comprehensible to parents.
(9) The procedure must be clear and comprehensible to all staff.
(10) The summary should be comprehensible without reference back to the source work.
(11) You often find a writer's books more comprehensible if you know about his life.
(12) The man croaked a few hardly comprehensible syllables.
(13) They must be comprehensible to the user.
(14) What communication reduces to is comprehensible input.
(15) Articles should be comprehensible to readers without a specialist knowledge.
(16) The music was experimental[http://sentencedict.com], and not comprehensible to the average concert-goer.
(17) We changed the wording of the text to make it more comprehensible.
(18) More than a third of directors want more summarised information and want to see it in a more comprehensible, graphic form.
(19) The solution to our problems as teachers, then, is to provide comprehensible input.
(20) They then worked as a class to produce a new rewritten version which they hoped would be more comprehensible.
(21) Anything of quality was exciting in those days, for the usual run of food was of a dullness today hardly comprehensible.
(22) At the same time, of course, it assures them of comprehensible input.
(23) Photographic reportage(sentencedict.com), the cinema and television have produced a lingua franca of universally comprehensible pictures.
(24) To mention infantile sexuality is now commonplace, although far from being fully acceptable or comprehensible to many people.
(25) In fact, they obey the conventions of the oral tradition, reducing complex phenomena to single comprehensible causes.
(26) Land warfare sixty-five years after Waterloo would still have been comprehensible to Napoleon.
(27) Metaphor, it turns out, is the key to making computers comprehensible.
(28) But Luke turned out to have the rare gift of making his subject not merely comprehensible, but absorbingly interesting.
(29) In this respect, the learner exercises his own initiative to ensure the proper supply of comprehensible input.
(30) Visual aids can make lessons much more interesting and comprehensible.
More similar words: comprehensive, comprehension, be responsible for, visible, possible, accessible, as soon as possible, forehead, sibling, comprise, impress, compromise, Bible, foible, impressive, impression, eligible, fungible, horrible, flexible, tension, pension, density, incredible, offensive, intensity, extensive, dimension, extension, sensitive.