Random good picture Not show
1. 'Senior citizen' is a euphemism for 'old person'.
2. 'User fees' is just a politician's euphemism for taxes.
3. " Pass away " is a euphemism for " die ".
4. Pass water'is a euphemism for'urinate '.
5. The article made so much use of euphemism that often its meaning was unclear.
6. The term "early retirement" is nearly always a euphemism for redundancy nowadays.
7. Friendly fire is included; that's the euphemism which aroused such anger at the Gulf War inquest in Oxford this spring.
8. This is not just a liberal euphemism for the city's ethnic diversity.
9. A euphemism is most apt to be noticed if it is new.
10. Our awareness of the euphemism is shown by our tendency to laugh at what we regard as false pretension.
11. But a recent desire for euphemism by Procter and Gamble strikes me as a possible exception to my rule.
12. Shrinkage is the retail trade's euphemism for shoplifting.
13. Euphemism is one form of indirect expression.
13. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
14. The word " euphemism " originates from Greek.
15. Euphemism is a very common and complicated linguistic phenomenon.
16. Euphemism is an important rhetorical device of English.
17. That could prove to be quite a euphemism.
18. Diplomatic personnel are the main users of such euphemism.
19. He expressed his thought by a euphemism.
20. The inflated style itself is a kind of euphemism.
21. Highly - educated people tend to use more euphemism.
22. With regard to the study of euphemism, it is limited to the range in related to taboo in English, while in Chinese euphemism is treated as a kind of rhetorical device.
23. The euphemism should be used correctly, reasonably and gradely according to the context.
24. Such a description aa euphemism for a club milkman[sentencedict.com], or a punter an SW 6 pub.
25. Euphemism is more frequently used between higher and lower levels.
26. We went to this terrible tourist trap for coffee, a euphemism.
27. Both had clearly spent the morning raiding the dictionary of euphemism.
28. So far, the proponents have answered these questions by retreat into euphemism and advance into metaphor.
29. Should innocence be preserved, or is it just a wishful euphemism for dangerous ignorance?
30. Re-engineering, in many cases, has been abused as a euphemism for downsizing.
More similar words: chemistry, chemical, premise, dismiss, emission, sphere, atmosphere, photographer, them, theme, premium, seminar, tourism, dismal, racism, scheme, epidemic, feminist, reminder, seemingly, academic, the mass of, all the more, in the main, organism, themselves, journalism, terrorism, mechanism, mutualism.