Synonym: attender, auditor, hearer. Similar words: listen, listen to, enlisted, consistent, consistently, energy, generous, generate. Meaning: ['lɪsnə] n. someone who listens attentively.
Random good picture Not show
2. Music can induce a meditative state in the listener.
3. I'm a regular listener to her show.
3. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. The alert listener will have noticed the error.
5. Dr Brian was a good listener.
6. She prides herself on being a good listener.
7. To the listener, this music is incoherent and formless.
8. Several people talking at once distract a listener.
9. If you can be a sympathetic listener, it may put your own problems in perspective.
10. They raised $630,000 through listener donations, and then called it quits.
11. Fenton was a good listener, and his questions were germane.
12. In radio you have to keep the listener listening. That's the bottom line.
13. Songs are as sad as the listener. Jonathan Safran Foer
14. A really good listener who has infinite patience.
15. To the listener, such music is incoherent and formless.
16. And her listener feels both protective and irritated by turns.
17. The interviewer becomes an active listener, building up a rapport with the informant.
18. They force the listener to be aware it's not for real.
19. This is because both assist a reader or listener to relate individual events and pieces of information into an organised framework.
20. Fence mending is what she is best at; she's a wonderful listener.
21. From a simple gesture or the speaker's tone of voice, the Japanese listener gleans the whole meaning.
22. The DJ was fired after a heated exchange on air with a call-in listener.
23. Never having been ill himself, he wasn't a sympathetic listener.
24. Great works of classical music can often call forth a mixture of responses from the listener.
25. Avoid technical terms or phrases which, although familiar to you, may be unknown to your listener.
26. The music moves from ominous grooves to all-out instrumental pummeling of the listener -- all in the same piece.
27. He effortlessly and directly states what he believes without the least hint of imposing a point of view on his listener.
28. I believe words should amaze or amuse. Only then will the listener want to understand the meaning of the song. Gulzar
29. And apart from the information you get, being a good listener helps the other side to relax and have confidence in you.
30. Sometimes a palindrome is used together with other non-mirrored material and especially in this case the mirroring is not perceived by the listener.
More similar words: listen, listen to, enlisted, consistent, consistently, energy, generous, generate, in general, list, generation gap, journalist, realistic, the general public, specialist, naturalist, register, minister, administer, step by step, gene, scene, benefit, beneath, genetic, awareness, publish, publisher, owner, journalism.