Synonym: barren, blank, discharge, drain, eliminate, evacuate, hollow, let out, run out, vacant, void. Antonym: fill, full. Similar words: tempt, exempt, attempt, preempt, exempt from, caveat emptor, prompt, symptom. Meaning: ['emptɪ] n. a container that has been emptied. v. 1. make void or empty of contents 2. become empty or void of its content 3. leave behind empty; move out of 4. remove 5. excrete or discharge from the body. adj. 1. holding or containing nothing 2. devoid of significance or point 3. having nothing inside 4. needing nourishment 5. emptied of emotion.
Random good picture Not show
1. Full belies make empty skulls.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
10. Empty hands no hawk allure.
17. The house stands desolate and empty.
18. The empty desk suggested she had already gone home.
19. That drunkard flung out the empty bottle.
20. The fuel tank's almost empty.
21. Would you please sling out these empty bottles.
22. Shall I take the empty bottles for recycling?
23. As it got later, the streets became empty.
24. An empty bottle will float.
25. Life seemed on a sudden empty and meaningless.
26. There were no empty seats left in the hall.
27. It wastes energy to run the dishwasher half empty.
28. His voice sounded oddly resonant in the empty room.
29. His wordy and empty speech was a frost.
More similar words: tempt, exempt, attempt, preempt, exempt from, caveat emptor, prompt, symptom, bumptious, sumptuous, assumption, consumption, presumptuous, employ, temple, empire, emperor, empathy, empower, emphasis, temporal, empathic, employee, emphasize, employer, empathetic, empathize, temporary, temperature, employment.