Synonym: implication, indication, mark, omen, sign, token. Similar words: sympathy, symbol, Olympic, symbolic, Olympics, tomato, prompt, up to. Meaning: ['sɪmptəm] n. 1. (medicine) any sensation or change in bodily function that is experienced by a patient and is associated with a particular disease 2. anything that accompanies X and is regarded as an indication of X's existence.
Random good picture Not show
1. Mary's symptom is similar to Joseph's in some way.
2. The riot is a symptom of political instability.
3. Fever is a symptom of many illnesses.
4. They claim it is a symptom of a deeper and more general malaise in society.
5. This demonstration was a symptom of discontent among the students.
6. Withdrawal is a classic symptom of depression.
7. The rise in inflation was just one symptom of the poor state of the economy.
8. The first symptom of the disease is often short-term memory loss.
9. The muscle goes into spasm, producing the symptom of cramp.
10. Your problem with keeping boyfriends is just a symptom of a larger problem: making and keeping friends.
11. The main symptom is a scarlet rash that's quite unmistakable.
12. The disappearance of jobs is a symptom of a deeper socio-economic change.
12. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
13. The first symptom of the disease is a very high temperature.
14. Victoria was strangely undisturbed by this symptom, even though her husband and family were frightened.
15. One prominent symptom of the disease is progressive loss of memory.
16. Symptom: Larger fish, in particular gasping at the surface.
17. Compulsive spending is often a symptom of deep unhappiness.
18. This would be an example of a mental symptom.
19. It is an unwelcome symptom of very tough times.
20. It is a symptom of ageism reflecting the low status of dependent elderly people including those in residential homes.
21. Depression also is a symptom of other illnesses, such as bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder.
22. It takes some detective work to trace the symptom back to its cause.
23. Jelani Gardner is just the latest symptom of a national obsession that is running the college game straight into the ground.
24. The commonest symptom is a persistent cough, with frequent bouts of chest infection.
25. It is probable that the medication will suppress the symptom without treating the condition.
26. It's her feeling that the recent outbreaks of violence are a symptom of the dissatisfaction that is currently affecting our society.
27. The doctor managed to took the patient's mind off the symptom.
28. The most common defence against feeling for hospital doctors is to see the symptom but not the patient.
29. Treating this tragedy as a law and order matter misses the point, because it fails to distinguish between symptom and cause.
30. Mrs Thatcher's first government was plagued by leaks - a symptom of divisions and poor morale.
More similar words: sympathy, symbol, Olympic, symbolic, Olympics, tomato, prompt, up to, customer, preempt, automatic, keep to, automobile, sumptuous, bumptious, come up to, add up to, not to mention, assumption, exempt from, automatically, live up to, lead up to, stand up to, up to date, face up to, consumption, measure up to.