Synonym: noncompliant. Similar words: defiance, defile, define, deficit, definite, definitive, definitely, definition. Meaning: [-nt] adj. boldly resisting authority or an opposing force.
Random good picture Not show
1. Despite the criticisms, she remained defiant.
2. Billy continued to stand there, mute and defiant.
3. The players are in defiant mood as they prepare for tomorrow'sgame.
4. He was a bold and defiant little boy.
5. The terrorists sent a defiant message to the government.
6. He had a slightly defiant air.
7. She looked at him with a defiant air.
8. The defiant child was punished.
9. Mason cuts a battered but defiant figure.
10. The Prime Minister was in defiant mood in the House of Commons yesterday.
11. The sacked workers were in defiant mood as they entered the tribunal.
12. With a last defiant gesture, they sang a revolutionary song as they were led away to prison.
13. They hurled defiant taunts at the riot police, who responded in kind.
14. Some defiant children are very shy.
15. He is one of the defiant ones.
16. Her defiant black clothes belie her bashful smile.
17. Defiant party members openly challenged the leadership.
18. Their own students were defiant and seemed highly unappreciative.
19. Her reply was clear and defiant.
20. Demonstrators became increasingly defiant of police controls.
21. Many defiant children are also unusually clever; figuring out ways to defeat your most sophisticated arguments.
22. "Nothing is going to change," said a defiant Miller after his trial.
22. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
23. Frankish soldiers commit a terrible mass execution of defiant Saxons at Verden.
24. The building oozed a melancholy yet defiant air, cornered by an unforgiving landscape with which it refused to make any compromises.
25. Sylvia tossed back her dark hair in a gesture that was openly defiant.
26. They had lost by a wide margin, but their supporters gave them a defiant, loyal ovation.
27. Mark smashed a fist on the desk in a defiant gesture.
28. The protesters blocking the entrance to the offices remained defiant this morning.
29. She is so cool and indifferent, so enclosed and private - when she's not openly defiant, that is.
30. They are fascinating and frightening; they arouse anger and they are defiant.
More similar words: defiance, defile, define, deficit, definite, definitive, definitely, definition, giant, valiant, defendant, brilliant, fiasco, refill, benefit, defuse, beneficial, deface, defame, defend, defeat, firefighter, benefit from, de facto, defaced, defense, deflect, defunct, Asian, piano.