Synonym: overcome, triumph, win. Antonym: victory. Similar words: feather, defend, feature, defense, defender, defendant, defensive, deference. Meaning: [dɪ'fiːt] n. 1. an unsuccessful ending to a struggle or contest 2. the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted in attaining your goals. v. 1. win a victory over 2. thwart the passage of.
Random good picture Not show
1. To convert defeat into victoty.
2. He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat. Napoleon Bonaparte
4. I began by commiserating with her over the defeat.
5. Talk of defeat had demoralized the team.
6. Strong woman is will cry,but never admit defeat.
7. The battle ended in a humiliating defeat.
8. Defeat after defeat filled us with despair.
8. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
9. The coach analyzed the cause of our defeat.
10. Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.
11. The Eighth Army had suffered a crushing defeat .
12. They inflicted a humiliating defeat on the home team.
13. Their party suffered a heavy defeat in the election.
14. The world champions suffered a sensational defeat.
15. They narrowly avoided defeat in the semi-final.
16. He was bad-tempered and graceless in defeat.
17. Initially the government was unwilling to accept the defeat.
18. The defeat led to his resignation as team manager.
19. They refused to resign themselves to defeat.
20. To convert defeat into victory.
21. He seems unabashed by his recent defeat.
22. The Conservatives have suffered a humiliating defeat.
23. That man never admits defeat.
24. Defeat and failure make people humble.
25. Barbara looked increasingly downcast as defeat loomed.
26. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
27. She defeat all her rival for the job with nonchalant ease.
28. The spectacle of Xerxes's defeat tremendously reinforced the traditional conviction that pride goes before a fall.
29. No one can degrade us except ourselves; that if we are worthy(sentencedict.com), no influence can defeat us.
30. Turning away under a strong attack is a sure recipe for defeat.
More similar words: feather, defend, feature, defense, defender, defendant, defensive, deference, fear, for fear of, refer, prefer, define, deficit, defunct, refer to, preferred, aside from, reference, preference, definition, definitely, preferable, definitive, eat, neat, seat, eat up, wheat, cheat.