Random good picture Not show
1. Abstention from drinking and smoking is the only way to improve your poor health.
2. The Church insisted on abstention from all luxuries.
3. There were high levels of abstention in the election.
4. There were high levels of abstention in the last elections.
5. Abstention from alcohol is essential while you are taking this medication.
6. Voter abstention is seen as the only real form of dissent in elections.
7. Critics might pan his concerts but never his abstention from drugs and alcohol.
8. Even abstention would have put the Government within a whisker of victory.
9. The overall abstention rate was reported to be as high as 55 percent of the electorate of 2,200,000.
10. It insisted on a total abstention from not only spirits but beer, the staple drink of the working man.
11. The abstention rate among the 3,200,000 registered voters in the presidential elections was put as high as 43.7 percent.
12. To offer only one alternative, total abstention, is to exclude a large population in need of services.
13. Did he really think that abstention by the officers would influence the enlisted men?
14. In Washington the Bureau of European Affairs recommended abstention.
15. By abstention from incontinence, energy is acquired.
16. Abstention is traditionally high in Colombia.
17. The goal is complete abstention from all mind-altering substances.
18. An abstention is not regarded as a veto.
19. The application of judicial abstention principle in the estimation on the conditions of safeguard measures.
20. In the Volkskammer approval was by 299 votes to 80 with one abstention.
21. The statute was promulgated during Lent, in the hope that abstention would find the peasants in subdued mood.
22. Sometimes I make a point of not saying the pledge at all, just to make sure abstention remains permissible.
23. Yet as with many agreements on environmental pollution, voluntary abstention is unsuccessful.
24. The vote to kill the bills was 47 to 39, with one abstention.
25. I do not wish to enter into the rights and wrongs of meat consumption versus vegetarianism or alcohol consumption versus abstention.
26. Although the national turnout was officially given as 60 percent, the elections were marked by a high rate of regional abstention.
27. The declaration was passed by 355 votes to four with one abstention.
28. The Senate had already approved the treaty on Sept. 17 by 176 votes to 16 with one abstention.Sentence dictionary
29. Scowcroft met with Dinitz to brief him on the Soviet proposal for a joint abstention.
30. Draft resolution XXIII was adopted by 177 votes to 1, with 1 abstention (resolution 62/44).
More similar words: distention, attention, intention, pay attention to, a bone of contention, constitutional convention, pretentious, contentious, ostentatious, mention, invention, pretentiousness, abstemious, convention, prevention, not to mention, intervention, conventional, unconventional, identification, listen to, persistent, absorption, absolution, potential, consistent, obstruction, potentially, consistently, penitentiary.