Synonym: doubtful, probationary, provisional, provisionary. Similar words: tentatively, representative, ostentatious, orientation, presentation, argumentation, representation, implementation. Meaning: ['tentətɪv] adj. 1. under terms not final or fully worked out or agreed upon 2. unsettled in mind or opinion.
Random good picture Not show
1. I passed on my tentative conclusions to the police.
2. We made a tentative arrangement to meet again next Friday.
3. He reached some tentative conclusions about the possible cause of the accident.
4. Political leaders have reached a tentative agreement to hold a preparatory conference next month.
5. I'm taking the first tentative steps towards fitness.
6. Roy ventured a tentative smile.
7. Her English is correct but tentative.
8. He ventured a tentative smile.
9. They have taken their first tentative steps towards democracy.
10. My first attempts at complaining were rather tentative.
11. The country is taking its first tentative steps towards democracy.
12. We've made a tentative plan for the vacation but haven't really decided yet.
13. The government is taking tentative steps towards tackling the country's economic problems.
14. I have made tentative plans to take a trip to Seattle in July.
15. Labour has been oddly tentative about this.
16. She gave a tentative tug at her hand.
17. Evan's writing is very tentative.
18. My interviews tempt me to a very tentative hypothesis.
19. Shortage of sources compels tentative conclusions.
20. Slightly tentative, it warmed her eyes and elicited response.
21. Classify as a phonic alternative, but this is tentative.
22. Workers have reached a tentative agreement with management.
23. When Evan is tentative about a spelling, I encourage him to try.
24. Duval hit a tentative putt that did well to get as far as two inches short.
25. She looked with tentative excitement at Pat who, it seemed, did not know what she had said.
25. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
26. It has come to some tentative conclusions about the relationship between the quality of argument and computer software.
27. Only tentative conclusions can be reached and they are open to challenge and criticism.
28. Without the results of the blood test, the doctor could only make a tentative diagnosis.
29. In one fell swoop the bank wiped away the tentative benefits of this policy.
30. For these and other reasons, forecasts of future trends in such complex human behaviours as drug-taking are necessarily conditional and tentative.
More similar words: tentatively, representative, ostentatious, orientation, presentation, argumentation, representation, implementation, native, confrontation, relative, lucrative, narrative, incentive, relatively, cooperative, pejorative, innovative, initiative, alternative, legislative, conservative, administrative, motive, active, furtive, static, actively, deductive, punitive.