Synonym: absolute, certain, decided, definite, positive. Antonym: unsure. Similar words: assure, ensure, for sure, exposure, make sure, measure up, measure up to, measurement. Meaning: [ʃʊr /ʃʊə] adj. 1. having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured 2. exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance 3. certain to occur; destined or inevitable 4. physically secure or dependable 5. reliable in operation or effect 6. (of persons) worthy of trust or confidence 7. infallible or unfailing 8. certain not to fail 9. impossible to doubt or dispute. adv. definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely').
Random good picture Not show
7. He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat. Napoleon Bonaparte
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
11. Sure bind, sure find.
12. If you would build for your happiness a sure foundation, let the stone for the corner be a good reputation.
17. Make sure the yard is well swilled out.
18. Make sure the tripod is stable.
19. I'm not sure. Maybe. --It's possible.
20. Are you sure these documents belong together?
21. I'm sure we'll win./I'm confident about our victory.
22. Are you sure that these measures are justified?
23. Make sure the letter is properly addressed.
24. I'm not sure of the chronology of events.
25. I'm sure he'll come with a bit of persuading.
26. Are you sure you can do it?
27. I wasn't sure whether you'd like it.
28. I'm not sure what he is thinking about.
29. This cell phone sure is hot stuff.
30. The doctor is sure he will pull through.
More similar words: assure, ensure, for sure, exposure, make sure, measure up, measure up to, measurement, survey, surgeon, surgery, surface, survival, survivor, surround, insurance, surprising, surrounding, surveillance, surprisingly, bureau, injure, figure, gesture, feature, culture, picture, lecture, texture, venture.