Synonym: convince, guarantee, pledge. Antonym: alarm. Similar words: assume, sure, assumption, ensure, for sure, make sure, exposure, measure up. Meaning: [ə'ʃʊə] v. 1. make certain of 2. inform positively and with certainty and confidence 3. assure somebody of the truth of something with the intention of giving the listener confidence 4. be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something 5. cause to feel sure; give reassurance to 6. make a promise or commitment.
Random good picture Not show
(1) She's perfectly safe, I can assure you.
(2) I can assure you of the reliability of this.
(3) I assure you they'll be perfectly safe with us.
(4) I can certainly assure you I'm looking after number one all right.
(5) I assure you my actions will correspond with my words.
(6) He hastened to assure me that there was nothing traumatic to report.
(7) He hastened to assure us that the press would not be informed.
(8) I won't let you down, I can assure you of that.
(9) I assure you that this was purely an oversight on my part.
(10) We can assure you of our full support.
(11) The document is genuine, I can assure you .
(12) I assure you I'll be there.
(13) Victory would assure a place in the finals.
(14) Let me assure you that it was not intentional.
(15) Nothing will assure permanent happiness to me.
(16) Victory would assure them a place in the finals.
(17) I took steps to assure myself of her guilt.
(18) I can assure you of the reliability of the information.
(19) I can assure you of the reliability of the news.
(20) The only ladder to assure success is to work hard.
(21) I can assure you that the animals are well cared for.
(22) Lest anyone should think it strange,(sentencedict.com) let me assure you that it is quite true.
(23) Ways must be found to assure our children a decent start in life.
(24) Tim waited a moment to assure himself that he was not being followed. Sentencedict.com
(25) They tried to assure him of their willingness to work.
(26) She was able to assure herself that nothing had been taken from her purse.
(27) I know you think I did it deliberately, but I assure you I did not.
(28) I don't make a practice of forgetting to pay my bills, I assure you!
(29) You think you are clever; on the contrary, I assure that you are very foolish.
(30) You will have a bad quarter of an hour of it, I assure you.
More similar words: assume, sure, assumption, ensure, for sure, make sure, exposure, measure up, measure up to, measurement, issue, dress up, tissue, survey, surgeon, surgery, surface, surround, survival, survivor, insurance, surprising, surrounding, mass, pass, surprisingly, surveillance, asset, class, figure.