Synonym: assure, cover, defend, guarantee, guard, make certain, protect, screen, shelter, shield. Similar words: insurance, sure, consensus, for sure, assure, exposure, make sure, measure up. Meaning: [ɪn'ʃʊə] v. 1. make certain of 2. be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something.
Random good picture Not show
1. Wash regularly to ensure personal hygiene.
2. These regulations ensure the humane treatment of all refugees.
3. The price is low to ensure a quick sale.
3. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. I cannot ensure his being on time.
5. We must ensure continuity of fuel supplies.
6. Goldsmith has repaired the roof to ensure the house is wind-proof.
7. I will ensure that the car arrives by six o'clock.
8. Ensure all photographic material is properly packed and sent by recorded delivery.
9. Government inspections ensure a high degree of uniformity in the standard of service.
10. Ensure that all the waste is properly and safely disposed of.
11. You need to ensure that a patient feels relaxed enough to discuss things fully.
12. You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that you provide is correct.
13. The BBC must ensure that due impartiality is preserved in its news programmes.
14. It is their responsibility to ensure that the rules are enforced.
15. The campaign will hopefully ensure the survival of the tiger.
16. After applying the cream, comb through to ensure even distribution.
17. We can ensure that the work shall be done in the right way.
18. Changes in design will ensure the quality and reliability of the printer.
19. The airline is taking steps to ensure safety on its aircraft.
20. We must take steps now to ensure the survival of these animals.
21. We need to ensure that handwriting is properly taught in our primary schools.
22. You should ensure against loss of heat by having double glazing.
23. The metal is then minutely examined to ensure there are no cracks.
24. We must ensure proper standards of care for the elderly.
25. We must make a real effort to ensure greater coordination between the different groups.
26. I fitted a new lock to ensure that the bicycle would not be stolen.
27. A commission was appointed to ensure the lottery was not rigged.
28. We need to ensure a smooth transition between the old system and the new one.
29. Our head office will liaise with the suppliers to ensure delivery.
30. Teacher, who educate children, deserve more honor than parents, who merely gave them birth; for the latter provided more life, while the former ensure a good life.
More similar words: insurance, sure, consensus, for sure, assure, exposure, make sure, measure up, measurement, measure up to, consult, consume, consumer, insulated, in support of, consultant, consumption, survey, surgeon, surface, surgery, survivor, survival, surround, lens, sense, dense, surprising, sensor, offense.