Synonym: authorship, fatherhood. Similar words: maternity, paternal, pattern, overnight, furniture, concerning, ornithology, ornithologist. Meaning: [pə'tɜrnətɪ /pə'tɜː-] n. 1. the state of being a father 2. the kinship relation between an offspring and the father 3. the act of initiating a new idea or theory or writing.
Random good picture Not show
1. The paternity of the child is in dispute.
2. He refused to admit paternity of the child.
3. Would Bill Gates take paternity leave?
3. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. Modigliani adamantly refused to admit paternity of the child.
5. So why does paternity leave continue to serve as the barometer of social change for the media?
6. Why should the discovery of paternity automatically lead to a male seizure of power?
7. Sattel says Lucasfilm offers paid one-week paternity and adoption leaves; maternity leaves are usually covered by disability programs.
8. Neither father had taken or requested an extended paternity leave that would interrupt his career.
9. Fathers are allowed two days off as paid paternity leave.
10. A slightly revised theory of the ignorance of paternity involves the idea that women and men led largely separate lives.
11. The Discovery of Paternity Many people assume patriarchy developed when men discovered their importance in human reproduction.
12. Jackson never has filed suit seeking to establish paternity, Brokaw said.
13. Tom went off on paternity leave and his secretary organised a whip-round to send a card and a gift.
14. A DNA test should establish Wright's paternity of the child.
15. He acknowledged his paternity when he could have easily turned his back on him and told him he was a servant.
16. They have had a significant change in policy on paternity leave.
17. Increasingly(sentencedict.com), the unmarried father of a child in Europe registers his paternity at the baby's birth.
18. He was tricked into marriage by a false accusation of paternity.
19. Informal arrangement still predominate, with about 15 percent of eligible men also taking advantage of formal paternity leave.
20. When advising an unmarried father it is important to note that party status is based on parental responsibility and not paternity.
21. Indeed, she may give to a litter of mixed paternity.
22. Still, only 11 percent availed themselves of the official paternity leave policy.
23. But I was not surprised that Sam zoomed in on paternity leave right away.
24. Female promiscuity in monkeys and apes can be explained by the need to share paternity among many males to prevent infanticide.
25. The audience gave a warm welcome to the father of four, fresh from paternity leave.
26. Receiving maintenance payments would perpetuate this link and also gives him unwelcome paternity rights.
27. We may have contributed to the improvement in the 1980s by changing the name from maternity / paternity leave to parental leave.
28. A legal case is pending which will force a DNA test to acknowledge paternity.
29. These days, the media loves dads whose high-profile positions are matched only by their high-profile paternity.
30. I hereby confirm that your request for 5 days paternity leave has been granted.
More similar words: maternity, paternal, pattern, overnight, furniture, concerning, ornithology, ornithologist, unity, ornithological, trinity, impunity, community, affinity, serenity, solemnity, spate, eastern, western, patent, opportunity, Internet, internal, external, compatibility, afternoon, internship, initiate, alternative, anticipate.