Synonym: colony, district, people, society, town. Similar words: communicate, incommunicado, communication, communicate with, telecommunications, munitions, unity, opportunity. Meaning: [kə'mjuːnətɪ] n. 1. a group of people living in a particular local area 2. a group of people having ethnic or cultural or religious characteristics in common 3. common ownership 4. a group of nations having common interests 5. the body of people in a learned occupation 6. agreement as to goals 7. a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences 8. (ecology) a group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other.
Random good picture Not show
1. Community of purpose makes friendship.
3. He's well-known in the local community.
4. The aid appeal has galvanised the German business community.
5. He did it for the interests of the community.
6. The local community was shocked by the murders.
7. The new arts centre will serve the whole community.
8. All members of the religious community keep these fasts.
9. Community punishment is used for less serious offenders.
10. The community is appealing to everyone to save water.
11. Local councillors have a duty to serve the community.
12. He refuses to join any community.
13. It is a superstition-ridden community.
14. He succeeded in negotiating Britain into the European Community.
15. We interviewed each individual member of the community.
16. Farmers are the backbone of this community.
17. Unemployment is a blight on our community.
18. He was sentenced to 140 hours community service.
19. A large community of expatriates has settled there.
20. They believe that the European Community needs a common foreign and security policy.
21. They wonder if their community is no longer insulated from big city problems.
22. The community is demanding a less aggressive style of policing.
23. The medical community continues to make progress in the fight against cancer.
24. The place has rapidly developed from a small fishing community into a thriving tourist resort.
25. His name has become a byword for honesty in the community.
26. His speech was an affront to all decent members of the community.
27. The villagers displayed the typical narrow-mindedness of a small community.
28. Women are caught in a double bind, marginalised in the community if they are not wives and mothers,(http://sentencedict.com/community.html) under excessive pressure to be perfect if they are.
29. Not until this turbulent region can shuffle off the burdens of the past will it be able to settle peacefully into the community of nations.
30. The country has been threatened with complete isolation from the international community unless the atrocities stop.
More similar words: communicate, incommunicado, communication, communicate with, telecommunications, munitions, unity, opportunity, immune, unit, unite, municipal, commodity, unique, union, punish, uniform, junior, run into, initial, monitor, in itself, comment, in common, initiate, initially, commonly, commence, commander, cognitive.