Antonym: covert. Similar words: covert, over there, poverty, overthrow, extrovert, all over the world, incontrovertible, over and over. Meaning: [əʊ'vɜrt /'əʊvɜːt] adj. open and observable; not secret or hidden.
Random good picture Not show
1. Her overt sexuality shocked cinema audiences.
2. He shows no overt signs of his unhappiness.
3. Although there is no overt hostility, black and white students do not mix much.
4. Overt sex or race discrimination is illegal.
4. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
5. There was little overt support for the project.
6. Overt race discrimination is illegal.
7. His opponent's intention is quite overt.
8. The tactics employed can range from overt bullying to subtle emotional blackmail.
9. Every measure, both overt and covert, is being taken against terrorists.
10. Extensive space and limited time show overt status.
11. But there was also, despite the overt antagonism between them, a growing closeness too.
12. For most people, the transition from infection to overt illness takes from six to ten years.
13. Seeing beyond overt status People become self-important to counteract and to attack the fear that they are insignificant.
14. We found few examples of overt harassment among our sample of professionals.
15. There was no narrative or overt expressiveness in the movement, which consisted mainly of high-energy skips and swoops.
16. By 1910, therefore, expansionism had turned into overt and formal colonialism.
17. At times they have become an overt issue in industrial disputes.
18. They were not charged with overt acts of any kind designed to overthrow the Government.
19. Black workers often report encountering overt hostility when they start work.
20. Though sometimes overt, racism is usually covert, but is deeply ingrained in professional and institutional practices.
21. In such a day, wars are usually the overt result of hopelessly confused covert causes.
22. We should learn to fight with enemy in an overt and covert way.
23. Advertisements attempt to project a latent meaning behind an overt message.
24. Particularly during successful long-term participant observation, the borderline between overt and covert recording can become blurred and quite difficult problems emerge.
25. It was hoped by this means to produce an acceptable social order without the overt use of force.
26. Unfortunately, instead of being silent, rehearsal of this form can become overt.
27. But G.G. Gallup's mirror experiments, from the mid-1970s, are a particular favourite of those prowling for overt evidence.
28. Jonadab was taken aback, not being a man given to overt affection.
29. Lydia did not castigate herself for so disliking a fellow-being, believing that it was sufficient merely to refrain from overt unkindness.
30. The Lima standoff seems to signal a return to overt political action by Tupac Amaru.
More similar words: covert, over there, poverty, overthrow, extrovert, all over the world, incontrovertible, over and over, over and over again, avert, advert, revert, subvert, divert, over, convert, culvert, cover, lover, diverted, inverted, vertical, govern, all over, overall, go over, oversee, be over, get over, diverting.