Synonym: comprise, conceal, consist of, contain, hide, include, involve, protect, shelter. Antonym: uncover. Similar words: uncover, cover up, recover, coverage, recovery, economic recovery, over and over, over. Meaning: ['kʌvə] n. 1. a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something 2. bedding that keeps a person warm in bed 3. the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it 4. the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book 5. a natural object that covers or envelops 6. covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container) 7. fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations 8. a fixed charge by a restaurant or night club over and above the charge for food and drink 9. a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else 10. a false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent). v. 1. provide with a covering or cause to be covered 2. form a cover over 3. span an interval of distance, space or time 4. provide for 5. deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression 6. include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory 7. travel across or pass over 8. be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism 9. hold within range of an aimed firearm 10. to take an action to protect against future problems 11. hide from view or knowledge 12. protect or defend (a position in a game) 13. maintain a check on; especially by patrolling 14. protect by insurance 15. make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities 16. invest with a large or excessive amount of something 17. help out by taking someone's place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities 18. be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of 19. spread over a surface to conceal or protect 20. cover as if with a shroud 21. copulate with a female, used especially of horses 22. put something on top of something else 23. play a higher card than the one previously played 24. be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game 25. sit on (eggs) 26. clothe, as if for protection from the elements.
Random good picture Not show
(7) Under cover of the dark, the dog was stolen.
(8) He prophesied that a flood would cover the earth.
(9) Cover the pot and bake for an hour.
(10) He laughed to cover his nervousness.
(11) It's cold and you should cover up warmly.
(12) Cover the bowl with an inverted plate.
(13) Cover the entire device to prevent water penetration.
(14) He tore at the cover of the parcel.
(15) Did you cover much ground on the hike?
(16) We use tiles to cover roofs. Sentencedict.com
(17) Cover the chicken with silver foil and bake.
(18) Be quick,(sentencedict.com) cover the blood stains over.
(19) Cover the table with a cloth.
(20) Listen, don't judge a book by its cover.
(21) Screw the drain cover down tightly.
(22) He glued the cover to the book.
(23) Cover your mouth when you cough.
(24) A woodcock flushed from its cover.
(25) Your father took out insurance to cover the mortgage.
(26) She laughed to cover her nervousness.
(27) The attack began, sending residents scurrying for cover.
(28) Pour cider around the meat and cover with foil.
(29) Cover the chicken loosely with foil.
(30) Cover the saucepan and remove from the heat.
More similar words: uncover, cover up, recover, coverage, recovery, economic recovery, over and over, over, be over, get over, overall, oversee, all over, go over, governor, lay over, hand over, run over, over there, look over, make over, blow over, overlook, take over, talk over, turn over, moreover, overnight, overwhelm, think over.