Synonym: coat, cover, embellish, paint, sweeten. Antonym: peel. Similar words: vigil, agile, agility, fragile, pugilist, vigilant, vigilance, fragility. Meaning: [gɪld] n. a formal association of people with similar interests. v. decorate with, or as if with, gold leaf or liquid gold.
Random good picture Not show
1. Don't gild the lily.
2. The plates have a gilt edge.
3. Sunlight gilded the children's faces.
3. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. The morning sun gilds the sky.
5. A set of twenty-four carved and gilded chairs appear on the inventory of the house for 1736.
6. The golden light gilded the sea.
7. Carve the names and gild them.
8. The autumn sun gilded the lake.
9. The plates and bowls have a gilt edge.
10. It's not solid gold - it's just gilt.
11. He's offered us his villa by the sea for two weeks.The only problem is that we can only have it in February, which rather takes the gilt off the gingerbread.
12. The story revolves around the gilded youth of the 1920s and their glittering lifestyles.
13. The gilded dome of the cathedral rises above the city.
14. The ceiling was richly gilt and picked out in violet.
15. The holiest of their chapels are topped with gilded roofs.
16. his villa by the sea for two weeks. The only problem is that we can only have it in February, which rather takes the gilt off the gingerbread.
17. Comment on this would be to gild the lily.
18. Don't gild the lily, gild the sissy.
19. Distrusting every light that seemed to gild.
20. Secondly, some Chinese gilds were apparently native-place organizations. The craft and commerce gildhall with economic functions was a model of this kind of gild organizations.
21. The sun transform the gild cupola into dazzling point of light.
22. She had health and beauty, and money to gild these gifts.
23. To gild refined gold , to paint the lily, to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow...
24. To gild refined gold, to paint the lily, to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow ...... is wasteful and ridiculous excess.
26. Some people add a little brandy to the recipe but I feel this is gilding the lily.
27. The dress is perfect. Don't add anything to it at all. It would just be gilding the lily.
28. Should I add a scarf to this jacket or would it be gilding the lily?
29. For some time there was a conflict of jurisdiction between the bishop's reeves and the interests of the Gild Merchant.
30. With Dimitar Berbatov and Wayne Rooney primed to flower anew, Owen can gild the lily.
More similar words: vigil, agile, agility, fragile, pugilist, vigilant, vigilance, fragility, wild, mild, child, build, builder, rebuild, build up, boil down, children, childish, wildlife, bewilder, building, grandchild, only child, rebuilding, bewildered, wilderness, bewilderment, building materials.