Synonym: cosmetic, decorative. Similar words: tournament, fundamental, sentimental, mental, mentally, incremental, experimental, developmental. Meaning: ['ɔrnə'mentl /'ɔːn-] n. any plant grown for its beauty or ornamental value. adj. serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose.
Random good picture Not show
1. The stream was dammed up to form ornamental lakes.
2. The ornamental ironwork lends a touch of elegance to the house.
3. The pillars in the centre are purely ornamental.
4. The chimney pots are purely ornamental.http://Sentencedict.com
5. The ornamental pool blends perfectly with its surroundings.
6. The house was fronted by a large ornamental lake.
7. Ornamental copper pans hung on the wall.
8. The turrets are purely ornamental.
9. Turn off B6160 by ornamental fountain.
10. High pitched roofs contain the typical ornamental dormers.
11. There was a tray on an ornamental garden table.
12. Prune fruit and other ornamental trees during winter dormancy.
13. Isaac, horrified, ducked behind the ornamental wall and slugged Saconi in the thigh.
14. At the risk of sounding smug, my ornamental kitchen garden gave me no such problems.
15. Roses have structural as well as ornamental value in the garden.
16. He peeped through the white ornamental ironwork of the gate.
17. Most of the survivors are ornamental trees; only a very few remain in natural forests.
18. Tapestries hung from ornamental wrought-iron rods that looked like antique weaponry.
19. There are many more ways the ornamental gardener can satisfy a latent urge to produce food.
20. Each ornamental fountain is designed to take a pump outlet so that water can spout from its mouth, shell or similar object.
21. The elevator door on the first floor was ornamental iron lace.
22. The gilded, ornamental oval reminds me of nothing more than a tea-tray from Harrod's sale.
23. The small brass starburst in the center of the face seems somewhat ornamental, like a tiny flower with eight petals.
24. During our visit we visited railway museums historic places, craft and ornamental places.
25. This is also the time to experiment with some unusual perennials and ornamental grasses you might not buy normally.
26. He strolled along the terrace below which the grassy slopes fell away steeply towards an ornamental lake.
27. Laid out as a patio garden, with tall fencing all around and various shrubs, plants and an ornamental pond.
28. A gardener comes in each week to trim the ornamental trees and bushes.
29. They began almost by accident, when the house they bought contained an unfiltered ornamental pond.
30. He was eating a mess of pottage and taking deep gulps of wine from a large ornamental cup.
More similar words: tournament, fundamental, sentimental, mental, mentally, incremental, experimental, developmental, environmental, environmental protection, amendment, entailment, rental, dental, in a moment, parental, lament, occidental, accidental, parliament, momentary, commentary, predicament, elementary, containment, rudimentary, documentary, argumentative, argumentation, implementation.