Synonym: compelling, crucial, driving, urgent. Similar words: distressing, processing, impression, expression, impressive, depression, oppression, suppression. Meaning: ['presɪŋ] n. 1. the act of pressing; the exertion of pressure 2. a metal or plastic part that is made by a mechanical press. adj. compelling immediate action.
Random good picture Not show
1. Poverty is a more pressing problem than pollution.
2. Adjust the control knobs by pressing lightly.
3. The rent collector is pressing for payment again.
4. They are pressing us for an answer.
5. He left, saying he had pressing matters to attend to.
6. Night was already pressing in as we reached the small town.
7. He was totally unresponsive to the pressing social and economic needs of the majority of the population.
8. Pressing business matters prevented him from taking a holiday.
9. She is still pressing her claim for compensation.
10. The crowds were pressing against the barriers.
11. The unions are pressing for improved working conditions.
12. The olives are heat treated during the second pressing.
13. Tom humped himself with two hands pressing his stomach.
14. His body was pressing against hers.
15. They are pressing us to make a quick decision.
16. The manufacturers are pressing the government for action.
17. He was so pressing I couldn'trefuse.
18. He's pressing me for an answer.
19. Trade unions are pressing him to stand firm.
20. The firm is pressing ahead with the modernization plan.
21. There were two main political groupings pressing for independence.
22. He is still pressing his claim for compensation.
23. They were so pressing that I couldn't refuse.
24. You switch the radio on by pressing this button.
25. Switch it on by pressing this button.
26. There is a pressing need for more specialist nurses.
27. They retooled the forging and pressing shop last month.
28. The enemies are pressing in. What shall we do?
29. The churning,(Sentencedict) pressing crowds made her feel claustrophobic.
30. There are a few things you should check before pressing the shutter release.
More similar words: distressing, processing, impression, expression, impressive, depression, oppression, suppression, compression, inexpressible, tossing, missing, press, outgassing, canvassing, press for, compress, impress, express, suppress, aggressive, regressive, aggression, pressure, progressive, depressed, oppressor, transgression, congressional, hard-pressed.